Cold Calling Med Supps

Man I got my butt handed to me on the phone this week; I have never talked to so many seniors that didn't want to see if I could save them money on their med supps. This week was very tough. Oh well, there is always next week.

Do you suppose that it is because 15X more agents are calling them to buy insurance than it was a couple of years ago.

Welcome to the club!
I think it was easier to set appointments to sell vacuum cleaners back in the late 80's than it is to set appointments for med supps today.

Man I got my butt handed to me on the phone this week; I have never talked to so many seniors that didn't want to see if I could save them money on their med supps. This week was very tough. Oh well, there is always next week.

Who trained you???

A few of you guys are a little tough. If you are upset about something, there's no reason to take it out on this guy.

It was his first post and he wanted to let people know how his week went and prob thought he could get some tips on here. Not sarcasm. His first post is a million times better than most first threads I see.

This isn't my first time cold calling med supps; that's how a sale is by cold calling. This week was tough; I kept getting a lot of people on medicaid, or people that can't afford med supps, or tricare; you know the same excuses they all use.

To answer medicareplansolutions, I don't have a script.
I usually start the call: "Hi this is Brian Frierson and I specialize in helping seniors ave money on their healthcare, is this a good time to talk?" Then we have a conversation, I might ask them if they know how medicare works or do you know the new medicare rules for 2011 and go from there. All I was saying is that this week was tough for some reason.

Back