Cold Calling MPI/FE Question

NotEnough

Super Genius
Hi All,

Thank you in advance for any input. I'm wondering if you prefer to ask for the specific person on the data list, or just give your cold call pitch when someone picks up. What works best for you?

Asking because I've gotten several people getting worked up thinking I'm a stalker lol.

LOL.

"Hello?"

"Um... I guess I'm looking for Jeff. Can I assume, based on your voice, that you're not Jeff?"

"No I'm not. What's this about?"

"Well... my name is DHK and the home office asked me to reach out to homeowners, like you and Jeff, to introduce myself and the work we do with successful homeowners in the (insert county name) area. If you don't mind, may I talk with you then? Would that be okay?"

"I guess"

"Thank you. Let me just take a quick minute to introduce myself and what I do and then you can tell me if we should keep talking or not. My name is DHK and I'm with XYZ mutual, but what you probably don't know about XYZ mutual is how we help successful homeowners to ..."

"Now, I haven't spoken to Jeff before. We've never met. His name was just on this list of people my home office wanted me to contact. But based on what I've outlined, do you think it would make sense for all 3 of us to meet and continue our conversation?"

I assume the person answering the phone is the person I want to talk to (this is in the Medicare market).

If I ask, "Can I speak with John" they know it is a salesman calling.

If your friend calls you, he doesn't ask if this is John. He says "hey John." I try to be like a friend when I call and immediately talk about what's in it for them.

Yes, I do get people who hear my pitch and then blurt out "this is not John. I'll go get him."
So what. No big deal.

One suggestion is to say the person's name like you are asking a question:

"John"...slight pause and then go into your pitch.

Different strokes for different folkes.

BTW, I don't tell them my name at first. I'm not famous so my name is no big deal. What I say is something like this:

Bob... you mailed in a card to get info about .....
My name is Mickey Marracino and it's my job to .....

Or:

Bob...I mailed you two brochures on Medicare.....
This is Mickey Marracino and I'm calling to answer your questions, etc

"Mr Jones, this <insert your name> how are you doing today?"

You don't get hung up on instantly and Mr Jones might think you're a friend.....Ask for Mr Jones and let us know how many Insta-Hangups you get.

"Mr Jones, this <insert your name> how are you doing today?"

You don't get hung up on instantly and Mr Jones might think you're a friend.....Ask for Mr Jones and let us know how many Insta-Hangups you get.

Neither Mr. or Mrs. Jones will think you are a friend if you call them Mr. or Mrs.

Call them by their first name!

Back