Cold Calling Older Medicare Enrollees

TDFnCali

Guru
1000 Post Club
California
I've had some decent luck mailing to counties in Calif that only have supp plans (No MAPDs) for T65, and now I want to try cold calling that same area for ppl 71-77 & try to lower their pmts....I have a list already.

Anyone know of a good exp'd person/source for an appt setter? I don't think my time would be spent wisely (And I dont want to do it) calling myself.

Thx

I did the 67-75 market for Med Supp. Unless they are guaranteed issue, your 71-75 age group will have trouble with underwriting. Blue Shield rejected my 67-yr-old who had high-blood pressure that was controlled with one common medication.

Another problem: FEAR of CHANGE. Most seniors are terrified of change. They would rather spend $300-$500 a year more than change. They're happy with their present plan which paid the bill.

I developed a series of letters which I used to drip on them. They laughed good naturedly at my headlines and pictures but were still reluctant to change. I could have been a dentist since it was like pulling teeth.

Good luck.

I did the 67-75 market for Med Supp. Unless they are guaranteed issue, your 71-75 age group will have trouble with underwriting. Blue Shield rejected my 67-yr-old who had high-blood pressure that was controlled with one common medication.

Another problem: FEAR of CHANGE. Most seniors are terrified of change. They would rather spend $300-$500 a year more than change. They're happy with their present plan which paid the bill.

I developed a series of letters which I used to drip on them. They laughed good naturedly at my headlines and pictures but were still reluctant to change. I could have been a dentist since it was like pulling teeth.

Good luck.

Well gee thanks for the encouraging words, lol. I wasnt going to target 67-70 yr olds, cause based on my quote engine, cant really save that group $$$. The 71-77 is the sweet spot, I know its harder to get them qualified, but I was thinking some would qualify, and some would have to wait for their Bday month to change (I was going to call ppl 1-3 mos before their bday).

I figured if telemarketing companies could do it, why cant I? But Ive been re-thinking that strategy & have even contacted some appt setting firms. This strategy wasnt going to be my bread & butter, rather a "add on" to get 1-2 more policies a week. Jan is when I finalize everything Im going to do for the yr...so Im still mulling over options.

Good luck.

You might as well quit because you obviously don't have a clue if you are getting people declined for blood pressure

You might as well quit because you obviously don't have a clue if you are getting people declined for blood pressure

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'd be kicking Blue Cross to the curb.

Most 70-78 year olds can be approved. I've gotten a half dozen 90-93 year olds approved.

Try Aetna, MOO, Oxford and Equitable.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'd be kicking Blue Cross to the curb.

Most 70-78 year olds can be approved. I've gotten a half dozen 90-93 year olds approved.

Try Aetna, MOO, Oxford and Equitable.

When I was using direct mail most of my money came from 80-85 yr olds. $400+ commissions are huge with supps. I may have been the only one mailing to them...

Back