iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
When you get a guy on the phone and he stays on,

do you ask for an appointment to meet?

or

ask for info over the phone?

or

ask for xdate and only quote when its renewal time?

i'm trying to figure out if i want to get quotes to everyone who wants one but it may be ineffective and ineffecient....

what do you guys do? quote and change mid term or fact find and wait for xdate?

quote and change midterm, you will do more quoting then closing (my opinion)

fact find and xdate, i feel the lead will forget or the fire to change will be gone.

When you get a guy on the phone and he stays on,

do you ask for an appointment to meet?

or

ask for info over the phone?

or

ask for xdate and only quote when its renewal time?

i'm trying to figure out if i want to get quotes to everyone who wants one but it may be ineffective and ineffecient....

what do you guys do? quote and change mid term or fact find and wait for xdate?

quote and change midterm, you will do more quoting then closing (my opinion)

fact find and xdate, i feel the lead will forget or the fire to change will be gone.

I think you should feel out the client and see what they say. You are selling yourself more. Get a broker of record letter record if possible? If you do a lot of quoting, so what? If you are better and he waits then call at renewal with that quote again and say you are ready to offer him the superior policy.

I quote people all the time and then make renewals for them and grab it that way.

i just dont want to give them the better price then have them call their broker midterm to try and match it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
would you do it this way? if you quote them and you are superior. Would you just get them to sign all the paperwork and bind 6 months in advance.

i'll tell them its to "lock in the price" and get the bor
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
also are you doing the wedge on the phone or cold calling simply to set appointments and xdates?

Last edited:
I think it depends what your writing.

I am trying to go after larger P+C accounts, and giving them a quote is not that simple of a process.

It would just be so time consuming to give quotes to everyone when 99% of the people really are not going to switch right now.

I think x-dates are more useful, and then get back to them closer to renewal time with quotes.

Back