Cold Calling - Physicians and Dentists

I talk to people all the time trying to contact these industries who have tried many different ways. I might ask if one (spending an equal amount of time) would generate more premium contacting medical and dentist professionals than contacting others in the same amount or less time?

Yes I am interested in learning about how you broke into Doc's offices. I have been in the business for 10 years and have a few tips for P/C if you are interested as well.

I know this thread is old, but I think I might have some input that may or may not be totally worthless.....

don't call their offices, as it has already been pointed out, its pointless. However, If you could somehow get a hold of their home phone#'s and try them in the evening.

I use USDATA for my lists of new homeowners, and contractors. I'm sure some of you use a lead service for medicare, direct mail, and such. Specify that you want Medical professionals. This list will include nurses as well. USDATA allows you to select income range. So.... 100K + ; I am going to be giving this a shot in the beginning half of this year.

I attended a presentation on "getting more doctor clients" and while it didn't tell you how to get a hold of them. It did shed some light on a few things. If memory serves, Something like 50-60% of doctors are not working with a financial advisor. For two main reasons: They think they can handle it themselves; and they don't know anyone they can trust. Referrals are huge with doctors. once you get a couple you're in like flyn.

The other option is to join an association, or become a trusted partner with an association. Usually costs a pretty penny, but you are able to to set up tables at their events, and you can rub shoulders with them at their dinners that occur typically once a month. You would be bound to get some business through this but will it outweigh the money you spent on sponsorship?....idk

Back