Cold Calling Small Business Owners for Term

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm thinking about having my telemarketer cold call small business owners for term. Has anyone had success in this market?

Call as a policy auditor. See is you can review their portfolio--it is free, and unbiased of their current agent. "Oh what, you don't have life insurance now?? You are a business owner with no life insurance---****, I need to swing by real quick..when is a good time tomorrow or Wednesday?"

Nice!! I like the aggressiveness.

Call as a policy auditor. See is you can review their portfolio--it is free, and unbiased of their current agent. "Oh what, you don't have life insurance now?? You are a business owner with no life insurance---****, I need to swing by real quick..when is a good time tomorrow or Wednesday?"

If you are calling small businesses, I would avoid the one person entity types. That is a hard market right now. We work with many agents who mix their calls up with OPE's, and they all have the hardest time with that group. As long as the business has 5+ employees, there is of course the opportunity to offer them voluntary benefits (usually you need 3+ to participate, depending on the carrier). That can actually save them money, and not cost them anything (POP Plans, etc.).

We have done better with small businesses by just walking in, then by calling. They are used to constant phone solicitation, and one of the nice things about marketing to businesses, is that you can always walk in and network your way to the decision makers.

Maybe it's worth a try, and we do make sales that start by phone to small businesses, but it's not exactly low hanging fruit.

If you try it and it goes well, please let me know.

Back