Cold Calling Sucks - But It Works

He did dabble in the commercial threads a bit, but aside from going through all his previous posts or going through the entire P&C forum for commercial prospecting I would have to say his number one pillar was: just make the calls...

Check out Delta75 and Delta76 handles too. He had multiple accounts.

Here are all the threads where Full Throttle has initiated. I hope this works.

Insurance Forums - Search Results

You make a great point. Cold calling is not sexy, but yes it works.

Weird enough you also end up learning more about your target demographic, and the product itself through the cold calling process.

Suddenly you start picking up on the fact that perhaps the market your cold calling is more responsive, than where your office is actually located. For example, it's not uncommon for me to discover hotter lists in Palm Beach County for auto, than in Miami (where I'm based), because of the demographics alone.

You find out that Palm Beach has more retirees, residents with better credit, and overall more elderly and patient prospects than in the hectic city of Miami.

You make a great point. Cold calling is not sexy, but yes it works.

Weird enough you also end up learning more about your target demographic, and the product itself through the cold calling process.

Suddenly you start picking up on the fact that perhaps the market your cold calling is more responsive, than where your office is actually located. For example, it's not uncommon for me to discover hotter lists in Palm Beach County for auto, than in Miami (where I'm based), because of the demographics alone.

You find out that Palm Beach has more retirees, residents with better credit, and overall more elderly and patient prospects than in the hectic city of Miami.

Miami..i would think there's lots of comm.acts, there....(NO)? I see lots of business parks all over the place.
  • How tough is it to get in?
  • Maybe shoot for a comm.act.?
  • Have you looked at the new businesses opening there?
IDK, i'm just guessing. But i'm thinking lots of comm.auto policies being written in Miami.

Sure...now 'how do you land those accounts' is the Question?

???

Primarily through referrals, and calling prospects. You see commercial vehicles driving around all the time. You should take a photo of their vehicle, and later give them a call. Tell them "Hey I saw you driving around recently. I wanted to reach out and learn more about how you're insuring your vehicle."

Back