Cold Calling & Using Verbatim Scripts???

Yes use a verbatim script.

It is what all the actors in Hollywood do and they don't sound like robots. You want to say the script so many times that you sound like an actor.

You're going to use a script, whether you form one purposely or accidentally. You might as well plan out what you want to say, then practice it enough times that it sounds natural.

At first you will be looking at the script, maybe walking around your desk talking on a headset, and soon before you know it, the different parts of the presentation become internalized, at this point you are more interested in taking down notes than worrying about hitting your script because you've internalized the lessons you want to communicate.

Know your key bullet points and know which order to string them together. Don't worry so much about every single word, but you do need to communicate clearly what you're trying to communicate.

Know your key bullet points and know which order to string them together. Don't worry so much about every single word, but you do need to communicate clearly what you're trying to communicate.

I agree with DHK. It's about communicating the points you intend to communicate to maximize that short (or long) introduction you're making on a cold encounter.

Hang in there! Cold-calling DOES still work!

Hayato
closingcommercial dot com

I know for me, a script is usually a jump off point. In all my time of cold calling, the first script I have tried is never the one I stuck with. You have to tweak and modify as you go depending on the product you are selling, the target market you are dealing with and so on.

Hello there, I am new to the forum. I do have a script, but it is more like "talk about this, and then about this, and then this". You really don't want to focus on a memorized script - for me I tend to miss listening to the customer if I focus too much on my speech.

Has anyone practiced Verbatim Scripts for appointment setting? Doesn't it sound robotic?

~ Floyd Arthur

Practice it effectively and you will internalize your script.

----------

Hello there, I am new to the forum. I do have a script, but it is more like "talk about this, and then about this, and then this". You really don't want to focus on a memorized script - for me I tend to miss listening to the customer if I focus too much on my speech.

If you practice your script enough you won't be thinking about it. The script will be automatic.

Back