Cold Calling Vs. Mailer

I have been cold calling and setting my own appointments as a means of lead generation. What I am discovering is that after all the time (and stress) I spend actually cold calling, then driving out there, sometimes actually wasting my time on b.s. appointments,

I feel like it would be more efficient to just send out a mailer saying something like, "Hello, Are you interested in saving money on your medicare supplement? Fill this out and send it back."

I could also add in check boxes for FE, LTC, you get the idea.

What do you guys think?

I have been cold calling and setting my own appointments as a means of lead generation. What I am discovering is that after all the time (and stress) I spend actually cold calling, then driving out there, sometimes actually wasting my time on b.s. appointments,

I feel like it would be more efficient to just send out a mailer saying something like, "Hello, Are you interested in saving money on your medicare supplement? Fill this out and send it back."

I could also add in check boxes for FE, LTC, you get the idea.

What do you guys think?

After calling, document in CRM, and mail to prospects that may has potential base on conversation about other products.

It's a basic script. Hi name is ..... , I'm calling you today because I work with senior citizens on Medicare and I wanted to see if I could help save you some money on your plan. Do you know how much your currently pay?

At which point they will tell me to f*ck off, they will tell me their Part B premium because they are clueless, or they will tell me some figure that sounds about right for a supplement, at which point I will proceed to set the appointment.

I would make sure when you are getting ready to set the appointment, ask if they have their current insurance information available and when they agree to an appointment, make sure you give them a list of what they will need when you meet. Then, the evening before, call back to remind them of the appointment and what they will need when you meet. At least this way you won't be wasting your time on any more b.s. appointments.

I do mostly commercial cold calling but I've found that calling to confirm the appointment often saves me a trip if the business owner isn't prepared for our appointment. At that point, we set up another appointment for a few days later.

Best of luck! :biggrin:

Back