Cold Calling..

Herkster

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey guys/gals

Just curious if anyone would share a P & C (home, auto, farm) script that they use for cold calling? Most in my area are blue collar workers and aren't home during the day, so I'm expecting a lot of voice mails. I'm trying to devise my own but I am struggling thus far.

Looking at calling out to a small town, just a few hundred residences, where we have a new office at. Just looking for suggestions or any helpful information.

I learned the following from a sales course a few years ago. Although this is geared more towards small commercial lines, you might be able to edit it for your PL needs, including your likely 'leave messages' situation. A key is to ask for 'one minute' of their time only. Hope it helps you further refine your own effective approach.

2. My name is John Smith. I work with Jones, Miller and Doe in (City, Town).

3. I know you weren’t expecting my call but please give me just one minute of your time. Okay?
(WAIT FOR RESPONSE then say ‘thank you’ or whatever short phrase might be appropriate as a response. )

4. I have been assisting other companies in ___________ to understand their business insurance policies.

5. The reason for my call is to see if you will give me an opportunity to stop by your (NAME of COMPANY) business office and do a free review of your current policy for you.

6. I won’t take up any of your time while I am there, unless you have questions.

7. All I do is look at your policy and prepare a written analysis of your coverages and I leave a copy for you.

8. Obviously there is no obligation at all to do business with me.

9. Can I stop by this week?

(Total time: 45 seconds including 5 seconds for response time to #3)

Back