Cold Calls and Building a Practice

Cold calling is something I have done for years in every type of sale profession.
It is necessary to the survival of any sales career. I had companies that provided leads, but they were their leads so it was on the companies terms set bay the telemarketing staff who had to meet a quota for the month. And did I mention that the prospects were all promised a promotional item for there time. Needless to say that the company leads were not so great.
Now here we are, every one of us in some shape and form in the insurance business. Everyone of us working to grow or practice, or Brokerage.
I can tell you at least from my experience that This industry is one of the hardest ones to get started in, It is also one of the most rewarding financially and personally.
In conclusion I will tell you that "anything worth having is worth fighting for"
Do not give up . If you try one source and have little to no success try and another. Find your nitch, make a plan and work it. Talk to everybody "DON'T Be a Secret Agent". My hope is that eventually my clients base will grow to a point that it will become repeat customers with family needs, my referral base and nominators. I admit that I still have a ways to go to get there but I will be successful. You will too.

For what it's worth, I have found you have to grind it out until you get to at least 250 households/accounts. After that, it gets much easier as you have enough clients to generate a referral base and repeat business each year. This of course assumes you are professional, keep in touch, and people in general like you after you leave.

For what it's worth, I have found you have to grind it out until you get to at least 250 households/accounts. After that, it gets much easier as you have enough clients to generate a referral base and repeat business each year. This of course assumes you are professional, keep in touch, and people in general like you after you leave.

I was talking to someone today in another line of business and they quoted the same exact number .
"Once I have 250 warm leads (contacts) I can start producing 24K a month"

A little different business model was being discussed but I think the number holds true. Follow-up, keep in touch and every month business should come from that 250.

Latest posts

Back