Collaborating and Communicating with E&S brokers and agents

smilingnomad

Doing a bit of research on how wholesale E&S folks collaborate and manage communication between agents and vice versa. Have heard from multiple folks that most are still using email which can get rather complex and create headaches.

Thus, I wanted to open up the question more broadly to all of you to better understand if most folks are still working with one another over email and if not, what tools are being used currently, whether or not they are good solutions, and/ or what problems still exist.

I've been speaking with some folks who are interested in getting together to solve this problem (if it truly is as prevalent as we believe it is). Thanks in advance for your insight!

-Jeff

Doing a bit of research on how wholesale E&S folks collaborate and manage communication between agents and vice versa. Have heard from multiple folks that most are still using email which can get rather complex and create headaches.

Thus, I wanted to open up the question more broadly to all of you to better understand if most folks are still working with one another over email and if not, what tools are being used currently, whether or not they are good solutions, and/ or what problems still exist.

I've been speaking with some folks who are interested in getting together to solve this problem (if it truly is as prevalent as we believe it is). Thanks in advance for your insight!

-Jeff
Look at what The Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development did in the late 70's. They built it... oh it took a little time... because the standard preceded acceptance.. but ask anyone in the industry now what an ACORD form is and that's pretty much 101 (save for the poor captive folks). That said, since a standard form can be developed, and used for years to come, there could and should be a standardized broker platform for communicating with their agencies and producers. Some form of back and forth communication within the confines of an AMS at the MGA level to communicate with their agencies would be great... I dont know, does anything like that exist at present? I run an agency network, and an agency, and I am always looking for a more effective way to communicate with my agency network, similar to what it would be for an MGA/E&S broker.

Thanks BADTROUT! So what you're saying (just to make sure I understand) is that today ACORD forms are what everyone is passing back and forth (between agent, wholesale broker, and carriers) and all of the collaboration/ communication that you, your agent, and agency network are doing is via email. Thanks! Would be happy to discuss this further with you should I decide to pursue creation of a solution.

Thanks BADTROUT! So what you're saying (just to make sure I understand) is that today ACORD forms are what everyone is passing back and forth (between agent, wholesale broker, and carriers) and all of the collaboration/ communication that you, your agent, and agency network are doing is via email. Thanks! Would be happy to discuss this further with you should I decide to pursue creation of a solution.
Yep, what you said. There are advances in platforms I've seen starting but I think this would be something where you BUILD a standard, and then get them to come to it. Interfaces will only lead to heartache and technology advancing faster than the interface can keep up with. If you create the standard, you become the Kleenex of the facial tissue world.

Back