Colonial Life , Are They Captive and

insurancemet

Guru
100+ Post Club
I understand they have opener, enroller and coordinator, who makes the most? Also, on my subject line, are you allowed to sell other insurance line for eg, if you sell term on your own? Thanks...anything else you can share about them would be great.

I'm contracted with them and not captive. I haven't really done anything with them yet because I felt more comfortable with individual products. You can play all three roles as opener, enroller and coordinator if you take all three classes. When I was in training last year, the total commission was like 44% if you open, enroll and coordinate.

They say when you deal with larger groups you should have help with enrolling or coordinating.

My voice isn't the greatest so I got burnt out real quick using the script they give you.

It might make more sense for you to take a look at other carriers unless you're getting some great leads and/or support.

Most of the Colonial guys (and girls) I know are burnt out Aflac reps that usually flipped their book. The recruiters will usually not want to train you to do anything but open and really just want you to bird dog a few cases for them. Once you get cooked, they've still made their commissions and they're on to the next rep. I realize that this isn't always the case, but that's just what I've seen of it.

There is nothing that would prevent you from selling non-competing lines, depending on your contract they may have a problem with Aflac or a similarly competing product, but to add life or something of that nature would be no problem. What other lines are you looking to sell? What made you want to get in this business?

I understand they have opener, enroller and coordinator, who makes the most? Also, on my subject line, are you allowed to sell other insurance line for eg, if you sell term on your own? Thanks...anything else you can share about them would be great.

Colonial Life is a good company. The particular district manager will have a large impact on the overall experience. If you want some insight and ideas that would compliment your Colonial business... email me with phone number and we can talk a while.

im a district at colonial, i also have a ga agreement with most major medical and life carriers. i have all my new reps start with colonial, get used to the phone and enroll. i think it's bad to put someone with no experience in front of a business owner. we also focus on smaller groups. if myself or one of my managers run the apt the agent gets the opener commission as well as the en roller for whatever they write in there. i like colonials set up and if put together with a complete plan it makes a lot of sense. just trying to do it on it's own is hard and if not in the right district very hard, theres to many moving pieces to comfortable with as a new agent and you can caught up in paperwork nightmares.
you will make a ton more money opening, and have more free time. enrollers make the money easier though and do much more work. i hope that helps if you need anything else dont be afraid to ask.

im a district at colonial, i also have a ga agreement with most major medical and life carriers. i have all my new reps start with colonial, get used to the phone and enroll. i think it's bad to put someone with no experience in front of a business owner. we also focus on smaller groups. if myself or one of my managers run the apt the agent gets the opener commission as well as the en roller for whatever they write in there. i like colonials set up and if put together with a complete plan it makes a lot of sense. just trying to do it on it's own is hard and if not in the right district very hard, theres to many moving pieces to comfortable with as a new agent and you can caught up in paperwork nightmares.
you will make a ton more money opening, and have more free time. enrollers make the money easier though and do much more work. i hope that helps if you need anything else dont be afraid to ask.
i would really like to speal to you about this.

The opener role is geared to be the real breadwinner. If you can develop a solid process for acquiring new accounts, you do far better focusing on this activity alone and leaving the other tasks to other Colonial agents.

Back