Colonial Life Hiring "Enrollers" for Open Enrollment?

SuperWoman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Atlanta
I received one of "those" emails from a Colonial Life recruiter for a position of "enroller" for the upcoming OEP.

As a Premier Sales Office, our successful sales representatives have already scheduled several fourth quarter enrollments so enrollers who join our team now can begin earning competitive compensation immediately. New enrollers will also enjoy a flexible schedule and avoid having to conduct any cold calling or account prospecting during the fourth quarter.

This is just a snippet from the ad. It also said they'd assist with getting licensed.

My question: Is this just a temporary gig to assist other agents in enrolling their clients during the enrollment period? Basically a data input person? If so, I'd definitely like to try it for the experience.

Any idea on what the comp would be?

I received one of "those" emails from a Colonial Life recruiter for a position of "enroller" for the upcoming OEP. As a Premier Sales Office, our successful sales representatives have already scheduled several fourth quarter enrollments so enrollers who join our team now can begin earning competitive compensation immediately. New enrollers will also enjoy a flexible schedule and avoid having to conduct any cold calling or account prospecting during the fourth quarter. This is just a snippet from the ad. It also said they'd assist with getting licensed. My question: Is this just a temporary gig to assist other agents in enrolling their clients during the enrollment period? Basically a data input person? If so, I'd definitely like to try it for the experience. Any idea on what the comp would be?

An enrollee is more than a data entry person . After the lead agent presents to the decision makers and brings in the business , it is the enroller that explains the benefits to the employees and completes the paperwork.

If you are brand new I think it is a good opportunity to get a ton of reps in quickly of playing the role of an insurance agent.

Stephen is correct. The lead agent closes with the business owner. Then the enrollers sit down with employees and go over products with them and sign them up.

Comp will depends on which products are sold. Average is around 30%-60% if I remember right.

Colonial has competitive products. It would be a good experience for you.

There are some Colonial enrollers who travel around regions of the country and make $100k+ doing just enrollments.

Last edited:
Thank you both for your replies. I do recall my former employer having C.L. enrollers in our office every October for enrollments. I'd sit down and they'd go over the various products. It was actually a pleasant experience as there was no pressure to purchase something I didn't want. They were quick and efficient.

Many thanks again!

Thank you both for your replies. I do recall my former employer having C.L. enrollers in our office every October for enrollments. I'd sit down and they'd go over the various products. It was actually a pleasant experience as there was no pressure to purchase something I didn't want. They were quick and efficient.

Many thanks again!

They also have a nice computerized enrollment system that is easy to use. A good thing about group enrollments is that you can make personal sales after the fact. You give out your business card to everyone so that they can call you with any questions, but part of the enrollment process is getting their contact info. So a couple of weeks later, you call them to "check in on things and make sure they do not have any questions". At the end of that call you mention that you do personal insurance too and you can ask about whatever lines of insurance were not covered by the group enrollment.

Back