colonial life

I went to a seminar that Colonial conducted. Their focus is on supplemental products in the workplace environment. Very similar to AFLAC but apparently with class. I have not heard anything negative about them. They do compete head-to-head with the duck (AFLAC). I can't help you beyond that.

I have a friend who was hired by them in the mid-west to train to take over a region supervising Colonial agents. She was promised big things, never happened.

They do compete with the duck. You can expect to knock on a lot of doors before you make some headway. Concentrate on blue collar industries in the hinterlands.

Their products are decent but other companies are coming on strong in the worksite market including Torchmark, Provident, Allstate, Assurity and others. The market is getting crowded.

i just went to one of thier seminars and they seem pretty desperate for people..im in south florida so i really dont know if this is a good market for thier product, thanx for any advice regarding them!!

i just went to one of thier seminars and they seem pretty desperate for people..im in south florida so i really dont know if this is a good market for thier product, thanx for any advice regarding them!!

I wrote Colonial part-time for the past year and a half. It's a very good company from a HO standpoint... the folks in Columbia, SC can't do enough for their agents... except pay they well!

The commission structure is not adequate... just too low because there are so many hands in the pie. Unless you can open your own cases and enroll them, it's hard if not impossible to make a full-time living just with Colonial.

Add to that the fact that the economy has hurt this market. The average premium is $50 a month or $600 a year. The guy or gal who had an extra $50 in the paycheck for a accident or disability plan has had that eaten up by Exxon as well as at their local supermarket for milk, bread, and beer.

I left Colonial because the local manager screwed me on a commission split. That's the way this biz goes sometimes. I didn't fight it... I just voted with my feet and left. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Al
MoO

i noticed the low payout also, 17.5-37.5 depending on product, seems like a lot of legwork for little pay....any other ideas where to start??

Back