Colonial

Dave

Is there anyone here currently working for Colonial selling supplemental to comapnies? Can you give me overvew of things like; Do you work from home? How do you get leads? Money earned? Commissions? etc!!! Right now I plan to work for them and have heard they are a good company. Just wondering.:)

Last edited:
Is there anyone here currently working for Colonial selling supplemental to comapnies? Can you give me overvew of things like; Do you work from home? How do you get leads? Money earned? Commissions? etc!!! Right now I plan to work for them and have heard they are a good company. Just wondering.:)

I sell Colonial.

I work from home.

I've never been given 'hot' leads. However I have been given some "orphan" accounts but they didn't turn out to be very big.

Commission structure is low but the bonus structure is good.

I love the company. They treat me very well. They have excellent training.

It is all going to depend on your local manager as you get started.

Al
InsuranceSolutions123 Agency

How long have you worked there? What do think first year and second income might be?

Im Indianapolis and am a former military recruiter, so I know the basic sales business and wll work hard. Just have to get used to the product.

How long have you worked there? What do think first year and second income might be?

I don't know your area, but Colonial is a though sale in my area for lots of reasons I don't have time to talk about now.

If you really work your tail off you should make $50K... if you are a good salesperson, if your manager gives you good training, and if your area is receptive to worksite benefits (i.e. they are not laying people off.... although that can be a sales angle as well if you work it right.)

You won't find a better or nicer company to work with... but if I were you I'd look at Colonial more as a 'supplement' (no pun intended) and concentrate on either easier to sell item like health (again, I don't know your state) or higher commish items like life and fixed annuities.

I know you have heard this before, but there is NO right answer to your question. Your best bet is to contact a Colonial agent in your area and ask them what THEY made and how hard they worked to do it.

Al

Back