Colonoscopy Prior Authorization UHC

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
UHC blinked . . . .

After weeks of protest from physician organizations and patients, UnitedHealthcare has put a controversial new prior authorization policy for gastroenterology procedures on hold. The policy, which requires physicians and patients to get approval from the insurance giant for nearly all gastroenterology procedures, including diagnostic and surveillance colonoscopy, or potentially face paying out of pocket, would have gone into effect on June 1.

Instead, the company is adopting a different policy that it calls “advanced notification,” requiring physicians to let United know they’ll be performing certain gastrointestinal procedures and provide information such as why it’s needed and the patient’s medical history. “This Advance Notification will not result in the denial of care for clinical reasons or for failure to notify,” a UnitedHealthcare spokesperson told STAT in an email.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - After outcry, UnitedHealthcare softens prior authorization policy for colonoscopies

UHC blinked . . . .

After weeks of protest from physician organizations and patients, UnitedHealthcare has put a controversial new prior authorization policy for gastroenterology procedures on hold. The policy, which requires physicians and patients to get approval from the insurance giant for nearly all gastroenterology procedures, including diagnostic and surveillance colonoscopy, or potentially face paying out of pocket, would have gone into effect on June 1.

Instead, the company is adopting a different policy that it calls “advanced notification,” requiring physicians to let United know they’ll be performing certain gastrointestinal procedures and provide information such as why it’s needed and the patient’s medical history. “This Advance Notification will not result in the denial of care for clinical reasons or for failure to notify,” a UnitedHealthcare spokesperson told STAT in an email.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - After outcry, UnitedHealthcare softens prior authorization policy for colonoscopies

Thanks for the video.

It was interesting but I had to stop watching around halfway through.

He talks very fast. His hands are like a windmill in a high wind, I was getting dizzy watching.
No matter how good his content is, IMO he will never have a top notch training site until he slows down his verbal barrage and hangs weights on his wrists.

Thanks for the video.

He talks very fast. His hands are like a windmill in a high wind, I was getting dizzy watching.
No matter how good his content is, IMO he will never have a top notch training site until he slows down his verbal barrage and hangs weights on his wrists.
I thought it was pretty good. I didn't notice the hand waving because I was doing some paperwork while watching.

I think somebody else posted the video a couple of days ago, but I can't remember who. I saved it waited a couple of days before I watched it.

Thanks for the video.

100% agree. He talked as if he is targeting agents. Too rushed. My T65’s could never follow that.

Thanks for the video.

He's fast but he's put up some good stuff.

The one I can't watch is that medicare millionaire dude. He has so many pregnant pauses in his videos that I stop watching and start looking down for a litter of puppies.

He's fast but he's put up some good stuff.

The one I can't watch is that medicare millionaire dude. He has so many pregnant pauses in his videos that I stop watching and start looking down for a litter of puppies.

Caveat, I am NOT a health insurance agent.

Personally, I think this is just another recap of standard talking points in the Medigap vs MA/MAPD discussions (or arguments) that I have seen in Insurance Forums Senior Forum since I joined.

Back