Combined Independent Agency

I am wondering if anyone has any information about Combined Insurance Independent Agency. I am currently captive with Combined but saw this on their website. My manager doesn't seem to know much about it. I like several of Combined's products but am not sure if I want to stay captive for very long. Thanks!

https://www.combinedinsurance.com/independent-agency-partnerships.html

I didn't know this existed until now. However, it appears that they want to partner with P&C agents, not L&H:
"Our high quality, affordable supplemental insurance products can enhance your current P&C offerings and expand your product portfolio."

I sure hope the payouts are better though. My old Combined selling contract had me at 30% for existing customers and 45% for new customers.

There are other companies out there besides Combined. Take a look at Assurity life sometime for their term, DI, CI, and accidental death & disability plans. They also have "Assurity at Work" for payroll deduction plans.

I had no idea until I was logging in the other day and saw it. I did not see the P&C though. It doesn't surprise me too much that they won't do a L&H agency. The payouts are still the same unless you get Account Executive then it goes to 35% and 55%.
I haven't had a chance to do much looking at other companies yet. But I like the accident & sickness protector as well as the sick pay disability policy. I haven't been able to find the latter of the two any where else yet. Please let me know of any other companies that offer something similar.

Accident & Sickness policies are simply "Hospital Indemnity" plans with an itemized schedule of benefits payable.

"Sick pay disability" may simply be a DI policy or a STD (Short-Term Disability - get your head out of the gutter). I don't remember selling a "sick pay disability" policy in California. We did have a DI policy but I didn't like it except for business owners.

Quite a few companies offer cancer policies too. They may not be paid up in 20 years, but they are out there.

The sick pay pays day one rather than having an elimination period. But it is essentially a short term disability policy (and my head wasn't in the gutter until you said something haha). I just like the no elimination period. I think it was introduced a year or two ago.
As I said I haven't done much looking yet but haven't heard of anything similar.

Back