Combined Insurance- Company Paid Leads

Don't believe it for one second.

Combined Insurance will teach you how to cold-call and cold-walk businesses. "In 5 minutes, I can show you how you can get cash paid in the event of an emergency. It's quick, easy, and hassle-free."

You will get "lead cards" from people who have current policies, lapsed policies, and perhaps some business information for you to follow up on. But the leads were never previously contacted or sent in any indication of interest.

BTW, my compensation was 30% on existing customers and 45% on new customers with 9 months of commission advanced (industry standard).

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...ssions/combined-agents-t45235.html#post587537

Don't believe it for one second.

Combined Insurance will teach you how to cold-call and cold-walk businesses. "In 5 minutes, I can show you how you can get cash paid in the event of an emergency. It's quick, easy, and hassle-free."

You will get "lead cards" from people who have current policies, lapsed policies, and perhaps some business information for you to follow up on. But the leads were never previously contacted or sent in any indication of interest.

BTW, my compensation was 30% on existing customers and 45% on new customers with 9 months of commission advanced (industry standard).

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...ssions/combined-agents-t45235.html#post587537

Thanks for the quick reply. Speaking of commission/compensation, I noticed Mass Mutual commissions were rather low (45% on term insurance)when compared to an independent broker. If you had to do this over, would you choose a shop like MM or go with an independent?

Of course it's lower than being an independent broker. Your production is paying an override to your sales manager and general agent. And WL base commissions are 55%.

Each office is different and each agent brings a different skill set. I've vented about my experience with MassMutual before. However, you can't 'unring' a bell.

I do believe that if you don't learn from quality mentors who are doing the kind of work you want to learn, you will forever stifle your growth. MassMutual agencies will offer more depth of experience and expertise in various areas of financial planning. It would be difficult to recreate that, or find that in the independent channel.

But you still have to survive and thrive in order for it to be worth it in the long run.

The only thing I can tell you, is that I wish I had a "fall back" plan in case MassMutual couldn't (or wouldn't) teach me the basic survival skills. I have that now with Insurance Pro Shop training and systems. I would obtain those tools and study those. Once you're trained on the basics (prospecting, fact-finding, case-design, closing, generating referrals, and technical knowledge on life insurance and annuities), you can go anywhere and build your career.

Yes, it would be far better to learn from a mentor... but not all mentors have transferrable skills. I was watching a new Van Mueller training series on YouTube... and it's great, but it's not exactly transferrable - particularly for a new agent.

Once you have a solid foundation to run on, you can adapt it to suit any company's (or multiple company) products.

So, instead of choosing captive OR independent, I would choose investing in quality training and THEN making a decision of where you want to be.

Back