Combined Insurance - What's their deal?

RickRoss

I saw a posting for a Sales Management Trainee position with Combined Insurance. I only know what I've seen on JobVent.com about these folks. Here's what their ad boasts:

Comprehensive Benefits, including: Medical, Dental, 401(k)
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Disability
Mon-Fri workweek
Advanced Commissions
Limited Travel

This sounds a lot more appealing than some other packages I've seen out there (Aflac, Bankers Life, etc.). Not sure if there's a catch and if it's for me.

Anyone ever interview / work at Combined Insurance?

I want to say upfront that I have not worked for Combined or even interviewed with them. I have worked and still do with ex-Combined agents. They ALL tell me that the initial training is unsurpassed. They put together a training program with top Psycologists from around the country. The training I believe is about 2 weeks and very intense. I have heard it suggested that a green agent should start with them, get the training and maybe work with them for a bit, but not for long. They say not to work with them for long because the products are for crap. That's my understanding of it from years of hearing about it anyway.

I saw a posting for a Sales Management Trainee position with Combined Insurance. I only know what I've seen on JobVent.com about these folks. Here's what their ad boasts:

Disability
Mon-Fri workweek
Advanced Commissions
Limited Travel

This sounds a lot more appealing than some other packages I've seen out there (Aflac, Bankers Life, etc.). Not sure if there's a catch and if it's for me.

sounds like a good place to get laid....

Chicago Employees File Lawsuit against Company

Chicago Employees File Lawsuit against Company

Ten current and former female employees of Chicago-based Combined Insurance Company of America have filed a nationwide class action lawsuit in federal court alleging a pattern or practice of sex harassment and sex discrimination.

In a report from PRNewswire, the complaint alleges that Combined Insurance condones and encourages a culture of sex harassment and oppression, according to the law firms representing the plaintiffs -- Meites, Mulder, Burger & Mollica of Chicago and Benassi & Benassi of Peoria, Ill. The women claim they suffered different forms of harassment.
Combined management is accused of tolerating and taking part in the harassment. Combined allegedly retaliated against women who spoke up about the harassment, either by further harassing them or forcing them to leave the company.
The complaint also alleges that Combined discriminates against women in hiring, pay and promotions. Plaintiffs allege that male managers judged female job applicants by their appearance and body type. Male managers also allegedly use demeaning physical descriptions. One plaintiff claims she was directed not to hire women with children.
According to plaintiffs, Combined allegedly regularly promoted less qualified men to upper management positions. Another plaintiff claims she was passed over for a promotion in favor of a man she had far outperformed. Combined told her it had not even interviewed her because she was a mother and presumably could not travel. Other women claim to have obtained promotions only to encounter a glass ceiling.
The women allege that Combined's actions have caused them to suffer physical, emotional and economic injuries and seek damages and injunctive relief on behalf of themselves and all other women who have similarly suffered.
In a statement issued by Combined Insurance in response to reports of the sexual harassment complaint, the company denied that it tolerates sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace.

Wow they tolerate sexual hassament and hire women based on appearance and body type. I want to work for Combined.

Wow they tolerate sexual hassament and hire women based on appearance and body type. I want to work for Combined.

No need to go to that extreme.

Moonlight can show you some bars in Tampa that will allow you to do the same thing.

Disability
Mon-Fri workweek
Advanced Commissions
Limited Travel

Everybody's a "sales management trainee" at Combined.

Although it may be dated (and maybe not) when I think of Combined, I think of guys (and gals - if they're good lookin' enough apparently) blitzing door-to-door in rural areas selling the accident policy (loss of one arm - $5,000, loss of one leg and one arm - $10,000), etc. etc.

Take what you see in any ad with a grain of salt. They lie.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Moonlight can show you some bars in Tampa that will allow you to do the same thing.

You know Bob, everybody raves about Mons Venus, but I actually prefer a place right across the street on Dale Mabry
(only about two minutes to Raymond James Stadium as well - good location):

2001 Odyssey | Tampa's Premier Full Nude Adult Club

Tampa, Fla. Titty bar and cigar capitol of the world!

Last edited:
Back