Combined

ka8lhi

I've been contacted by a Combined recruiter and I have never heard of this company. Can someone give me the pros and cons of this company before I go for an interview. Thank you in advance.

http://www.combined.com/

Here is a quote from someone familiar with Combined:

"Combined has an accident policy that sux. Their payout sux. Their office sux. They meet in hotel rooms, that is their office.

Now that you know the bad let me tell you the good. Combined will teach you how to write apps. They will teach you how to cold walk better than any insurance company in the world. No other company has as good training as Combined. If you will go to work with Combined you will learn how to sell."

They are known for such old school tactics as going door to door, picking a small town and working it to death for a whole week, collecting cash premiums, collecting quarterly premiums, getting paid a small commission for collecting old premiums that you did not write, having a canned sales presentation, being "cult like". I am not saying I have a problem with any of the above, but some people do.

I spent one day on the road with a Combined regional manager (who the week prior was a manager at a fast food restaurant)

You spend the day driving the country bugging a bunch of goobers for products they could care less about and do not need.

Overpriced and a real headache. The main product seemed like a combination of term and whole life. The commission was not so great as there are a lot of hands in the cookie jar.

Interestingly they pay W2 wages , not 1099.

Very odd.

My how things have changed since W Stone died. Sad

It was door to door in small towns when Stone was alive too. And it was lots of small disability and injury indemnity stuff sold by high school and college kids, mostly in the summer.

I've been contacted by a Combined recruiter and I have never heard of this company. Can someone give me the pros and cons of this company before I go for an interview. Thank you in advance.

Grim, very grim. Take the rating for Aflac and deduct Babe Ruth's lifetime batting average. That is how I would rate them.

Winter

Back