Come To My Workplace ...

Personally, I would not want a salesperson in my home if I did not know them, or if they did not come from a referral. Just my 2 cents.

I once did phone sales and did well. None of the leads knew me, in fact most lived in other states. I guess it depends on the market you target. I just don't think most FE leads would come to me.

I live in So California and prefer to meet at a Starbucks if at all possible. I’ve had some pretty scary situations.

One in particular that comes to mind was they wanted me to come over at 5:30pm and it was in a very bad area of Los Angeles. I had to park way down the street because LA has major parking issues and walk in the growing darkness in a bad area. I get to the house and it is surrounded by a chain 8’ high link fence with 2 angry barking pit bulls between me and the front door. There were also bars on all the windows of the house. I thought there is No Way to get out if I needed to so I left.

Then there was the time I got frisked to see if I had a wire on in Hollywood hills. I was so scared & stressed. I did make the sale with the wife and got out of there. The husband was turning 65 a few months later but I didn’t follow up. I was just thankful I got out. It was about 3 years ago still can barely talk about that one without hyperventilating. And if anyone says they would have followed up anyway, believe me, you wouldn’t have.

So yes, I prefer to meet at a Starbucks.

I'm going to guess either his office or the client's place of business.

I do most of my business over the phone but have and office to go to if I need it.

Rarely go to a client's home.
What company are you using when you write clients over the phone? Especially when dealing with seniors. I did one over the phone once I believe with MOO, younger client. I had to email him the e-app for him to read and sign than he sent it back. I couldn't imagine my seniors would be able to do so. But would love it if they could..

Back