Coming to a Market Near You- Aetna Pays $10 to Attend a Meeting

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Aetna seems to be completely shitting on their agents. I just went to my member's home to explain 2016 benefits when he showed me the Aetna invite to attend an area meeting. The piece says that it will mail a $10 GIFT CARD for the member to attend to get "one on one advice from a representative. Call 1-855-860-1538 to talk to a Licensed Agent." He thought that I was part of it. I told him that I was not aware of it and was not a part of it. When he asked why they'd do that, I just told him that companies don't really support people anymore- it's just the way that it is in today's world-- which is all of the energy that I had to add to the discussion for a late night appointment.

Aetna seems to be completely shitting on their agents. I just went to my member's home to explain 2016 benefits when he showed me the Aetna invite to attend an area meeting. The piece says that it will mail a $10 GIFT CARD for the member to attend to get "one on one advice from a representative. Call 1-855-860-1538 to talk to a Licensed Agent." He thought that I was part of it. I told him that I was not aware of it and was not a part of it. When he asked why they'd do that, I just told him that companies don't really support people anymore- it's just the way that it is in today's world-- which is all of the energy that I had to add to the discussion for a late night appointment.

I saw this DM piece at a customers house last week. I thought it was surprising that CMS approved it, since the AHIP clearly states that we can't give anyone a gift card or anything readily convertible to cash .

Independence BCBS here in the Philly market has been running a insert in the local papers advertising a $15 gift card for attending a seminar. No idea how they are getting around that.

I saw this DM piece at a customers house last week. I thought it was surprising that CMS approved it, since the AHIP clearly states that we can't give anyone a gift card or anything readily convertible to cash .

A gift card isn't convertible to cash. I can go to a restaurant and by a $10 gift card. It can only be used for food. Same with grocery store. Or for adult diapers. (I get those for Somarco on his birthday).

Rick

They are an invite to seminars. I've written four of those seminars so far, more to go. I am independent, but have a great record with Aetna so I was asked to do four that are close to my office.

A gift card isn't convertible to cash. I can go to a restaurant and by a $10 gift card. It can only be used for food. Same with grocery store. Or for adult diapers. (I get those for Somarco on his birthday). Rick

How do you "by" a gift card? Down here in the south east we use the word "buy" when speaking of purchasing something. Must be different in California.

Back