Commercial Auto Contractors in CA

JMoney

Hello, I write mostly artisan/general contractors in California. I was writing through Guard but now they are only doing clients with at least 4 years loss runs. I am having a hard time finding markets to place them with. I have Progressive through Superior Access, and State National through Next Insurance. I do have some other carrier like Hartford/Liberty, but they aren't writing monoline commercial auto. Anyone know where I can go? I wish I could find a wholesale company that works with Mercury because I know they have good rates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
J

Hello, I write mostly artisan/general contractors in California. I was writing through Guard but now they are only doing clients with at least 4 years loss runs. I am having a hard time finding markets to place them with. I have Progressive through Superior Access, and State National through Next Insurance. I do have some other carrier like Hartford/Liberty, but they aren't writing monoline commercial auto. Anyone know where I can go? I wish I could find a wholesale company that works with Mercury because I know they have good rates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
J

Yeah, Mercury does have great rates, but you won't find a wholesaler to access them. You need to get an appointment, and good luck with that.

Oregon Mutual and Nationwide are my goto for commercial auto as they have the best rates lately, but I only write one or two of those a year.

You are spot on about Mercury. We have been writing most mono-line Commercial Auto policies with Mercury. Their pricing for a 12 month term is comparable to Progressives 6 month terms.

Although Progressive seems to be more flexible for policies with young drivers or drivers with questionable MVR's.

Another Commercial Auto Market that comes up often is AmCom Insurance Services, Inc.

I have gotten some quotes from them in the past although Mercury is always cheaper but it might be something to consider. A lot of guys used to write with AmCom before we got an appointment with Mercury.

Mercury just pulled out of the Commercial Auto market in AZ, beginning in May. Ugh!

They were great with rates and so easy to issue and service. I will miss them....

Mercury just pulled out of the Commercial Auto market in AZ, beginning in May. Ugh!

They were great with rates and so easy to issue and service. I will miss them....

Yeah their online portal is by my far my favorite compared to any other Carriers Portals I have worked with. Able to make changes and obtain pricing for said changes before binding them. Really handy.

Back