Commercial Auto Insurance

a2743

I will be working part time as a courier I will be using my personal auto I need to buy Commercial Insurance (about $2000.00 per year) will I also need to keep my personal insurance?

If one uses his personal auto in a business does he need both Commercial and Personal coverage?

I wonder if any of the agents here know of a carrier that will let folks use a business rated policy todo that type of work. That would seem like the best fit.

The job is part time about 25 hours a week. I will pick up specimens from Doctors offices take them to Fedex for shipping. My problem is, if I must carry commercial and personal auto insurance this being a part time gig, 25 hours a week and for what the job pays it may not be workable.

I will be working part time as a courier I will be using my personal auto I need to buy Commercial Insurance (about $2000.00 per year) will I also need to keep my personal insurance?

In the quote for the commercial auto insurance it should ask if you are using the insured vehicle for BUSINESS or BUSINESS & PERSONAL. If you select Business and Personal your premium will be rated as that and thus covered for both types of use.

No, your commercial policy will cover you for both. just tell you agent so he can rate it properly. It should be easy to get that policy for under $2k.

I agree that a business policy is the best one to pursue, because carriers often have problems insuring a business exposure, but never a personal one.

Of course, on the business auto policy, make sure you have Broad Form Drive Other Car coverage. Without this, you and your family will not have liability, medical, and physical damage coverage on a vehicle you rent or borrow, or for injuries sustained as a passenger in another vehicle or as a pedestrian.

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/consumer-reviews/insurance.html

Guys, I have read a lot of reviews about auto insurance , but that didn't help me to decide what company to choose. Can you help? How to choose an auto insurance company?

Back