Commercial Claim Questions

vivi

I have a client who owns an auto body shop. He rear ended other car while he was testing drive his client's car. He has garage keeping and business owner insurance. Both cars were damaged. The question is, does he need to pay 1 or 2 deductible? I'm in California.

Please help. Thank you.

I have a client who owns an auto body shop. He rear ended other car while he was testing drive his client's car. He has garage keeping and business owner insurance. Both cars were damaged. The question is, does he need to pay 1 or 2 deductible? I'm in California.

Please help. Thank you.

Only 1, but which policy pays depends on what coverage he has on the business policy, he better hope he has the right coverage on his business policy.

Business owner is more for GL coverage, and the garagekeepers is for clients vehicles he is in "care, custody and control" of.

Only 1, but which policy pays depends on what coverage he has on the business policy, he better hope he has the right coverage on his business policy.

Business owner is more for GL coverage, and the garagekeepers is for clients vehicles he is in "care, custody and control" of.

The garage keeper paid the client's vehicle, and GL paid for the other vehicle. Therefore, the insurance company charged 2 deductible. Isn't sound right?

Was the car he hit a car that was in his shop for repairs? Or was it just a random car on the road?

It could be 2 deductibles.

It depends on how you wrote the policy.

There will be at least 1 deductible for sure for the customer's vehicle. Covered under the GK coverage as already stated.

The second deductible for the vehicle he hit could come if there is a property damage liability deductible on the garage liability/auto liability coverage part.

Most of the time carriers don't put a PD liability deductible on unless the insured is having a bunch of little claims and the underwriter is trying to clean up a frequency problem.

Back