Commercial Insurance Internet Leads?

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
For kicks and giggles I spent a little money to try out some internet leads for commercial clients just to see what they would be like. I have received 3 leads so far and wrote apps on 2 ( very low premium) but it seems thus far that people who are shopping on the net are start-ups, which all 3 of mine have been. I hate fooling with start-ups because MOST fail within a year and if I do write them I collect at least 6 months premium up front.

Is this the norm for internet commercial leads? Again, I simply figured I'd try but don't really need to, so if start-ups are the norm I probably won't fool with it.

Commercial accounts 10+ employees get called by brokers 30-90 days prior to their annual renewal. They probably get 20 calls a week about quoting. I do not see why they would quote through the internet unless they were just going to use your quote as leverage with their incumbent.

Commercial accounts 10+ employees get called by brokers 30-90 days prior to their annual renewal. They probably get 20 calls a week about quoting. I do not see why they would quote through the internet unless they were just going to use your quote as leverage with their incumbent.

Exactly why agents should try to switch businesses mid-term. The traffic to maneuver around is a whole lot lighter.

Good point on the internet situation. I have a nice book of commercial accounts but figured I'd dip my toe in the water.It's only $100 if I don't close any.

I find owners get turned off the mid term penalty. or their just lazy . mid term is hard unless they have some sort of pain with their broker. What size accounts do you go after in terms of ap?

you can alter your filters to have companies that have been in business for a certain amount of time. or businesses that make a certain amount of money. i buy commercial leads on a consistent basis, but i get very little volume due to my filters.

people won't normally give out that information as it would do nothing but increase competition

I find owners get turned off the mid term penalty. or their just lazy . mid term is hard unless they have some sort of pain with their broker. What size accounts do you go after in terms of ap?

YOU have to create the pain. Get the book "The Wedge" today...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I utilize Commercial Internet Leads and I would say 98% of them are start up businesses.

And start-ups are usually a waste of time for me. Once my trial is done I will no longer work internet leads. What a waste of precious time unless you like being in competition for a $500 account. Now that IS a waste of valuable time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
what company are you using?

Netquotes.. No competition here. You can have the business.

Last edited:
Back