Commercial P&C Intro

Zhafer

I have started in a captive Nationwide Agency on the 11th of this month and so far have been doing well in selling personal lines policies. My goal however is to get into the Commercial Lines side of the business. Currently there is no one in the agency focusing on Commercial and I want to be the one to go for it. However, with no one else focusing on it, I don't really have anywhere to go as far as advise is concerned, so I have a few questions..
1)Where is the best place to get started in the Commercial lines space?
2)What types of businesses are the best places to start marketing?
3)What is the best way to approach a business to get any kind of attention back from them?
4) How should I be reaching out to businesses? Cold calls, personal visits, emails, etc?
Any advise on this would be a huge help and I look forward to the discussion!

So you're a producer in a captive Nationwide office... Step #1 take advantage of any and all training they are willing to provide. Learn the company appetite and get yourself up to speed on the top classes they are writing in your area.

Good Luck

Nationwide holds classes regionally I believe to get you ready to sell commercial. I think it's a full week. You might even get the agent you work for to pay for it. Start there.

Back