Commercial Plowing?

LAPINSGRP

Expert
Looking to place a commercial plowing risk in WNY ? Anyone write one with above 10% commercial accounts? Finding no one wants it so min premiums start at 50k. Thnks for your help

Way to much commercial plowing. Seems the cutoff with everyone is no more than 10%. Then he also uses a bobcat and that also throws him out. If he was just residential i could write a landscaping policy with plowing all day.

As I've heard, run from these. At least I wouldn't put this with anyone I have direct. It's a slip and fall waiting to happen with all the foot traffic they have.

Most of these guys don't make enough to afford the insurance on it so they say they're landscapers or they take out a policy just to earn the 25% earned premium and cancel after the season.

As I've heard, run from these. At least I wouldn't put this with anyone I have direct. It's a slip and fall waiting to happen with all the foot traffic they have.

Most of these guys don't make enough to afford the insurance on it so they say they're landscapers or they take out a policy just to earn the 25% earned premium and cancel after the season.

So slip and falls happening while they are plowing a lot and are held liable? What if the business is open at the time? Just trying to understand why carriers are moving away from them.

So slip and falls happening while they are plowing a lot and are held liable? What if the business is open at the time? Just trying to understand why carriers are moving away from them.

It's not a slip and fall while they're actually snowplowing it's the fact that if someone slips and falls at anytime of the day the liability would fall back on the plow for lack of doing it correctly or not salting etc.

Even if it's not the plows fault, they will still be dragged in and he carrier will have to defend.

It's not a slip and fall while they're actually snowplowing it's the fact that if someone slips and falls at anytime of the day the liability would fall back on the plow for lack of doing it correctly or not salting etc.

Even if it's not the plows fault, they will still be dragged in and he carrier will have to defend.

Well that sucks. Ya he is about to get a landscaper with a plowing endorsement from Dryden Mutual. He asked me if I can write with them and do the same i said nope go with the other guy lol

I guess the concern here is he does no landscaping & he's a full blown plowing service? Do you think it's possible the other carrier is OK w/ that & their way of doing it is classifying as landscaping w/ the plowing endorsement?

Or...is the other agent ramming this into Dryden w/ no lube & pretending they're a landscaper who does some plowing when in reality he's a 100% plow service?

Why would an agent risk something like that?

I guess the concern here is he does no landscaping & he's a full blown plowing service? Do you think it's possible the other carrier is OK w/ that & their way of doing it is classifying as landscaping w/ the plowing endorsement?

Or...is the other agent ramming this into Dryden w/ no lube & pretending they're a landscaper who does some plowing when in reality he's a 100% plow service?

Why would an agent risk something like that?

He tells me the agent said just no strip malls or plazas. I know that Dryden will not write if they knew he was above 10% commercial plowing.He doesnt understand just because they accept your monthly dues doesnt mean you are actually covered if not underwriten correctly.

He actually does do some landscaping small time on the side. Whats even better is that he has been using his carwash COI to satisfy the commercial plow accounts as coverage smh....

Back