Commercial Producers - Delivery and Hired Non Owned Auto

curly212

Expert
How do you handle a restaurant that delivers? Many do. My co's won't write hired non-owned auto on a restaurant or if they do the client must state that he/she does not deliver. Am I to believe that all the restaurant that deliver are operating without hired non-owned coverage? Or are there carriers that will offer it to pizza/chineese/take out restaurants? Any experience with this would be really appreciated.

there area few companies that will offer it, but it is PRICEY.

Most restraunt owners just go without it.

This is one reason not to market to restraunts........

You, as an agent, BETTER have a waiver of that coverage signed by the owner.......

How do you handle a restaurant that delivers? Many do. My co's won't write hired non-owned auto on a restaurant or if they do the client must state that he/she does not deliver. Am I to believe that all the restaurant that deliver are operating without hired non-owned coverage? Or are there carriers that will offer it to pizza/chineese/take out restaurants? Any experience with this would be really appreciated.

Look into Harleysville.

I believe they have hired and non owned as an endorsement for resturants under their star advantage program.

Fireman's Fund has a national program for Pizza deliveries or any other risks with deliveries. OMI has it also in Ca-Or and WA.

If I'm not mistaking, The Hartford has a pretty good program.

UMMMMMMM, NO, i have never heard of a standard company offerring this coverage, this i smost certainly an E&S product

Back