Commercial X-Date Book

paramount Ins

Hey Guys,
I recently just opened my own insurance agency and do not know what to do with my commercial x-date book since I am more focused on the life & health side of the business and mostly sell over the phone. I really enjoyed the commercial side, but since I am by myself, it is not all that efficient for me to go out on a couple appointments and then put the apps in the system because by then, my whole day is shot and I don't have anyone calling for me in the mean time to set up future appointments or phone for x-dates. I phoned non-stop for almost 6 months for x-dates and would get about 50-60 renewal dates a week. I was the best at my former agency for getting the x-dates and booking commercial appointments. I guess I am here asking you guys what would you do if you were me? Try to hire somebody to take the book over? or what?

Thanks

You could always hire someone, and then pay them a percentage of the commission-50% or? That way you get to keep the book of business. Plus, you can always cross sell for the group medical since you are already the agent for their commercial biz.

X dates on their own are not worth a whole lot. I guess I fail to understand why you won't have time to work these leads. When you are marketing B2B... all marketing is done between 8-5 so that leaves you a few hours a day outside of those hours to rate accounts online, submit acords and do whatever else you need to do. Why would you waste those 6 months worth of work by letting those prospects go cold?

Because I have been really busy on the life side, which definitely pays better. I don't want to let it go to waste. It's just that every time I go on a couple commercial appointments, my day is over. And then I have to do the apps, which are so long and frustrating (especially when there is a fleet of vehicles). I probably really need to hire somebody I'm thinking.

If you have the carrier appointments already, and enough of a book to pay the overhead, then yes, simply hire someone to work the x-dates and perhaps develop a few more.

Problem is, it takes time, but x-dates are not that hard to come up with. A relationship with the prospect is what is important. A new person won't have this going in, so it will be a bit of work.

Yes, commercial is not a part time gig. Its good you realize this.

Dan

If you have the carrier appointments already, and enough of a book to pay the overhead, then yes, simply hire someone to work the x-dates and perhaps develop a few more.

Problem is, it takes time, but x-dates are not that hard to come up with. A relationship with the prospect is what is important. A new person won't have this going in, so it will be a bit of work.

Yes, commercial is not a part time gig. Its good you realize this.

Dan

I don't have a direct appointment with all the carriers. I used Superior Access, Insurancenoodle, and Agent Secure. Agent Secure being the best one and the only one I will use again. Customer service is top notch. At my former agency, i remember the number went like this: Out of 10 X-dates you get, you will book 7/10 for an appointment. From there, 1/4 will close with you. I am trying to bring this lady in who use to work at my former agency as well and knows commercial quite well to come work with me. The problem is that she needs stable income and cannot work strictly off commission.

I think you are short sighted in thinking that life pays better. Renewals are what makes insurance the best sales job in the world.

Yes, that is true. Over the years to come, the renewals will most definitely pay off. For some reason, I have a much higher close ratio on life than I do on p/c.

how did you get the x dates? I am very competitive in Louisiana in commercial and it's what I primarily like to do but I would like to know how to get the x dates short of walking B2B and asking? Is there a database or something?

how did you get the x dates? I am very competitive in Louisiana in commercial and it's what I primarily like to do but I would like to know how to get the x dates short of walking B2B and asking? Is there a database or something?

I called on some leads that I had and mainly phoned right out of the yellow pages. I would literally find industry's where I am competitive and then start phoning every business in that industry from A-Z. I would phone nonstop and would receive at least 50-55 x-dates every week for months.

Latest posts

Back