Commerical Insurance Marketing Idea

mmaedelins

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've spent the better part of my first month as an insurance agent targeting auto repair shops and have done okay cold calling them but I wanted to come up with a creative way of getting my name out there. So, I thought...where can I find a steady stream of people who work in the auto repair business? Auto parts stores!

So I've decided to contact a few auto parts stores to ask them if they'd like to do some co-marketing with me. Since I'm in contact with auto repair shops and so are they, I thought maybe we could give out each other's business cards. Also, (since I have a side printing business as well - check out Your Life in Print on facebook -shameless plug I know!) I thought we could go halves on sending out postcards to all the local auto repair shops. I could create a postcard that features both businesses.

What does everyone think?:idea:

It's well worth a try. Worse thing that will happen is you get to know the owners of the auto parts stores around you. You might even pick up some business there.

In my experience though, its easier to get to know the auto repair place owners than the auto parts store owners. Most of the auto parts stores are chains and franchises, which can make it more difficult for them to do shared advertising (not impossible).

I'd be interested in knowing how this turns out. It wouldn't take much to give it a try.

You could extend the idea if you do personal lines as well. A lot of people who go to parts stores work on classics, you could add a flyer about insuring the patrons 'classic car' and maybe pick up some business that way.

Dan

Try it man, go for it. Don't go spending 10-20 grand on the idea just yet, but try it out. If you get traction out of it, then go bigger.

Stop at a pizza place, but a few pies and walk into the shop, you will get to talk to the owners, if they are there, but you will get to talk to the workers.........where i come from, thats called HITTING A HOMERUN

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I'm definitely going to give it a shot. I'm currently closing on a 'mom and pop' type auto parts place so I think I'm going to talk to this owner of this one first and see if he's interested. I'll let you all know how it turns out. :)

Back