Commission Breakdown

DLY311

Expert
Can anyone tell me what the commissions are at AGLA, NYL and American Income Life. I know that there are allot of other questions other thancommissions that I should ask but I would like to know beforehand before even speaking to any companies again. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me what the commissions are at AGLA, NYL and American Income Life. I know that there are allot of other questions other thancommissions that I should ask but I would like to know beforehand before even speaking to any companies again. Thanks in advance.

I can only speak to NYL. NYL is a NY company and is restricted by NY law on the amount of commission they can offer. which is 50%. However they do offer training subsidies to new agents which boost FYC on products as well as being a w2 employee so theydo the employer portion of FICA & Medicare, the company also offers a pension etc.

Your going to need to speak with these companies to get the true details you want.

Just my observations...

Any captive system is really designed to spend the same amount on an agent per dollar of premium, assuming you are hitting the defined goals.

Remember, you have to count benefits, retirement and E&O (if provided) towards compensation in a captive situation.

So, all and all, your comp will be roughly the same any way you go.

The difference is, the market and the local office. NYL is after a much different market than AGLA or AIL. NYL is targeting white collar professionals, business owners and upper income individuals. AGLA is primarily focused on worksite benefits in blue and gray collar businesses. I'm not sure about AIL, but based on what others have said I believe they target blue collar individuals and work site in blue collar businesses.

Also, the manager at the office can make or break you in terms of training and support. Finally, I understand that AIL will start you off with leads. NYL definitely won't and AGLA probably won't. You could work orphans at NYL and AGLA, but if they are quick to give them out, expect them to have been hit up several times already.

Back