Commission payments for MAPD's

RunnerDude

Super Genius
Does anyone know if companies pay commissions for MAPD apps during AEP- or do they wait until after Dec. 7th?

You've already been answered here but I thought I would drop some extra information. This is why even when AEP is happening it's important to pay attention to enrollment periods your client qualifies for most of the companies have enrollment guides to help decide this as well as a visual representation.

Not that waiting til Jan isn't nice when it all hits. :D

Aep in Jan but t65 is immediate
Just sold my first in T65 mapd in a long while, Humana PPO eff 11/01/17. Just got paid $36 this week, do I get the other $400, or no, since it's so close to the end of the year? I know you sell more MAPD than me, so im guessing you know.

You'll get another commission for $407 after CMS accretes the deal. It's called the 'true-up'. Your initial should have been $37, though. 2 months of $18.50.

You'll get another commission for $407 after CMS accretes the deal. It's called the 'true-up'. Your initial should have been $37, though. 2 months of $18.50.
Okay cool. I know I have received the true up in the past, but havent sold many MAPD this year, and couldnt remember if I still get it when they are on the plan less than 3 months in the calendar year. Thanks

Do you get a different commission amount for an individual new to MAPD, than when you replace an existing MAPD?

Back