Commission Percentage Om Term Life

mkim1969

Expert
Commission Percentage On Term Life

what percentage can I expect on term life? Who pays the highest and writes in Georgia?

Last edited:
what percentage can I expect on term life? Who pays the highest and writes in Georgia?

They all pay good. Don't you want the one that will accept your applicant's health and give them a fair premium? Where is your GA? Have you called Mark Rosenthal yet?

He loves training new agents from scratch.

Re: Commission Percentage On Term Life

How much production do you do? That will go a long way in determining your worth.

I sell most of the term companies and could not tell you what I get from any one company without looking them up. Somewhere between 90-120% Some pay renewals, most do not.

You get what they pay for the first year...give or take
Don't ask who pays the highest, not classy

Why would you not want to know who pays the highest? How is that not classy. We're you trained to think that way? Why do you think people in corporate America move across country? Because they got an offer from a competitor that says your worth more, should they refuse those offers because of pride or it's not classy? It happens everyday why are we any different? At the end of the day we live on EARTH and EARTh takes money. This forum is supposed to be a resource for ALL things agent related, so why shouldn't that be asked?

I will put it this way:

Depending on the health class and likelihood of getting written, I'll price out several carriers that I know are competitive and come close to each other. If it's close enough, I'll review commissions for each product. I then offer said product (the one with the highest commission).

The client is getting coverage for essentially what they would pay with another carrier. As long as the client is accepted and the product is a good fit at a price they like, who cares if I pushed the one that I had a 5% (or greater) differential on compared to the others?

That is the only time the 'highest commission' comes into play personally.

Why would you not want to know who pays the highest? How is that not classy. We're you trained to think that way? Why do you think people in corporate America move across country? Because they got an offer from a competitor that says your worth more, should they refuse those offers because of pride or it's not classy? It happens everyday why are we any different? At the end of the day we live on EARTH and EARTh takes money. This forum is supposed to be a resource for ALL things agent related, so why shouldn't that be asked?

I think everyone means that this should not be the most important factor. You should consider the company itself (financials, etc), rates, and underwriting as well.

If you are only looking for the highest commission, you do not have the client's best interest at heart, and not yours either quite frankly.

Highest commission does not mean anything if you can't make the sale.

^ true but most Likely there is some one out there selling the exact same products as you but getting paid more. Also if your captive commission rate is a big deal.

Re: Commission Percentage On Term Life

Primerica pays the highest on Term, But you are limited to only their products and the few selling agreements they have with others... I am a 40yr vet and have a GA with 117 agents, and I have not come close to this type of comp on Term.... I make most of my money on UL, IUL and WL today.

Here are the detials I have discovered....
Company pays out 190% of fisrt year pemium to a MLM type structure....
But for your needs....They:

Advance on Submission of Application
GA/RVP 110% first year premium
10% and 20% montly Bonuses for $10K and $20K in prenium
7% 20yr renewals on IBR increases
Quarterly Equity program for PRI stock
and two inceintive trips a year to compete for...

Back