Commission Rates?

I've seen way too many new guys crash and burn trying to be independent from the start. Some of them would have been good for this industry but they didn't last long enough to learn their way around.

Modern WOW may or may not be a good vehicle for Cratos. But there is just no substitute for a good mentor/manager in the early days.

All the MWOW/WOW reps I've known who stayed at it have had good success developing leads through their fraternal benefit program.

Can he easily get 20-40 % more commissions? Yes.

Can he develop on his own the skills necessary for his success? Maybe. The thing is he doesn't know what he doesn't know, and that's a long learning curve.

I think many times we do a disservice to new guys by saying you can get way more money by starting as an independent. The real comp can go up quite a bit with matching FICA, bonuses,...

It can work starting as an indy but I believe the chances are slim when compared to starting in a "career shop" type operation.

I agree. Put your blinders on and ignore what us indy are getting. What you don't hear from many of us indys is what we went through to get here. I spent 7 years captive. And thank God I didn't have sites like this to distract me from that learning experience.

It seems many on here want to contract anyone, even if they just write a dozen apps in 3 years- not minding that it might ruin their career..

Ok..I'm up waaay too late..

Thanks again to everyone that responded.

One of the major concerns voiced was the lack of reasonably priced leads. So I decided to look up the actual cost (I was going by memory before). It seems the $.10 was the postage rate that I can get by sending direct mail from the home office. The online lists will cost $.03 per name. That seems to be inline with what many of you have been saying, and the discount on postage is not too bad either.

Folks like Assurity and UHL will give you 100% or more on their term products, but the big underwritten guys like West Coast, Pru, Genworth, etc. aren't going to get to that level without requiring production.

See that is what I am talking about.

If you are selling Term you have to be contracted with those carriers. If not your prospect is going to jump online and get quotes from them. If you don't offer them then you do not get the sale.

Does anyone know what the Equitrust Market Twelve annuity street level commission is?

Second question, Columbus Life, great UL company here in Missouri. Does anyone know what their street level commission is on their UL's?

Again I'm in Missouri.

sometimes you got to look past the "base commission" rate and add up all the potential bonuses and so on. the fraternal I work for can top out at 114% or maybe a little more depending on certain factors for a whole life sale - all the while getting SS/MEd matching, 401k up to 9% matching, health insurance, dental and subsidized technology and E&O and often marketing assistance.

Back