Commission Rates?

Discussion in 'Getting Started Selling Insurance' started by cratos, Jan 27, 2010.

1. peopleperson

peopleperson Super Genius

State:
    Alabama
    I agree. Put your blinders on and ignore what us indy are getting. What you don't hear from many of us indys is what we went through to get here. I spent 7 years captive. And thank God I didn't have sites like this to distract me from that learning experience.

It seems many on here want to contract anyone, even if they just write a dozen apps in 3 years- not minding that it might ruin their career..

Ok..I'm up waaay too late..

2. cratos

cratos Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks again to everyone that responded.

One of the major concerns voiced was the lack of reasonably priced leads. So I decided to look up the actual cost (I was going by memory before). It seems the $.10 was the postage rate that I can get by sending direct mail from the home office. The online lists will cost $.03 per name. That seems to be inline with what many of you have been saying, and the discount on postage is not too bad either.

3. ABC

ABC Guru

See that is what I am talking about.

If you are selling Term you have to be contracted with those carriers. If not your prospect is going to jump online and get quotes from them. If you don't offer them then you do not get the sale.

4. mhutch

mhutch New Member

Does anyone know what the Equitrust Market Twelve annuity street level commission is?

Second question, Columbus Life, great UL company here in Missouri. Does anyone know what their street level commission is on their UL's?

Again I'm in Missouri.

5. goillini52

goillini52 Guru

State:
    Illinois
  6. isitlife

isitlife New Member

sometimes you got to look past the "base commission" rate and add up all the potential bonuses and so on. the fraternal I work for can top out at 114% or maybe a little more depending on certain factors for a whole life sale - all the while getting SS/MEd matching, 401k up to 9% matching, health insurance, dental and subsidized technology and E&O and often marketing assistance.