Commission Tracking for Agents- Need Help

I am a new independent agent owner and have 6 producers and one CSR. We are 90% personal lines and I am running into a commission tracking issue.

I pay 60% new business and 40% renewal or 40% new 30% renewal if I give you the referral.

My issue is I don't want to have to comb through the commission statements from the companies at the end of each month for payroll. I have to ask each producer to highlight where their business came from to determine the commission tier. It has become very tedious and we aren't even a year old yet, therefore, everything is still considered new business.

I do have QQ Evolution as my agency management system, however, it seems a little dinosaur regarding tracking these items. I guess I am looking for advice if there is a better management system that will help me.

Thanks in advance.

QQ can do everything you are asking for... I know it is a pain but it only takes a few hours to get up to speed on all of the upload/download and commission tracking functions. With all personal lines... QQ should be able to run and reconcile everything for 6 producers in about an hour if you are set up for downloads and have all of your settings dialed in.

I know QQ can, but it seems as if their system is very dated and time consuming. I don't want to send half my time "managing" my management system. Granted I am a new agency owner so maybe this is how they all are.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for or if this helps, but I'm an Associate Agent (producer). I have my own agent id # with the Companies we are appointed and when I write new business, it's under my #. Then when the primary is paid, he doesn't need to go nuts to figure out who's is who. On his statement it will show the client name, comission and what agent # it was written under. Most of your carriers should be able to do it and the surplus carriers can as well. On my end, I use a spreadsheet. It lists who I called, what I quoted, premium, if and when it was bound and the comission due to the office and then to me. Makes referring back super easy.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for or if this helps, but I'm an Associate Agent (producer). I have my own agent id # with the Companies we are appointed and when I write new business, it's under my #. Then when the primary is paid, he doesn't need to go nuts to figure out who's is who. On his statement it will show the client name, comission and what agent # it was written under. Most of your carriers should be able to do it and the surplus carriers can as well. On my end, I use a spreadsheet. It lists who I called, what I quoted, premium, if and when it was bound and the comission due to the office and then to me. Makes referring back super easy.

My carriers do that. The issue is I pay different commission splits depending on the source of the referral. So I will have a commission statement for each producer that may be several pages long, however, the company doesn't sort out where the business came from.

I am looking hard at Quomation and Aspire mangement systems. I just can't handle QQ Evolution anymore.

I know QQ can, but it seems as if their system is very dated and time consuming. I don't want to send half my time "managing" my management system. Granted I am a new agency owner so maybe this is how they all are.

You download the info from the carriers and then run the producer commission reports... If it takes you more than an hour a month for 6 PL producers then you are doing something wrong.

Back