Commission

Aug 26, 2008

1. RTD19701

RTD19701 Expert

Hello all,

I have a chance to sign on with a health insurer offering a 20% commision to start as a "street level". Is this a good street level commision, i have heard others offering less and some more. What should I be looking for when I vett various companies. Thanx

Tim

RTD19701, Aug 26, 2008
  2. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Guru

That's about average. Some do 25%. The small ones

3. ijerome

ijerome Super Genius

How many applications have you turned in? If none, my suggestion is to make sure you can get a release from your GA, take street level and sell. If you can sell, the commissions will take care of themselves. By selling I mean policies that stay on the books. Sell and the commissions and trips and new cars will come. Did I mention that the important thing is to sell?
    :cool:

ijerome, Aug 26, 2008
  4. joshril

joshril Guru

State:
    Oregon
    I would suggest you start at 20% and work a pay increase based on production into your contract. I offer all my agents this...

joshril, Aug 26, 2008
  5. Mr supplemental

Mr supplemental Expert

Also look at the renewals. 20% may be OK the first year, but what about years 2-6 and so on.

6. taterpeeler

taterpeeler Guru

State:
    Texas
    its health insurance... roll roll roll the client .. merrly down the stream... who cares about renewal?...

7. joshril

joshril Guru

State:
    Oregon
    You took the words right out of my mouth...

joshril, Aug 27, 2008
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

You can't roll them every year or every renewal, that's a disservice to the client and usually in the best interest of the agent. I'm not saying anyone does that here, just saying so the rookies know.

Guest, Aug 27, 2008
  9. joshril

joshril Guru

State:
    Oregon
    That's true... you should only move a client if it's in the client's best interest. However, if your goal is to build a life-long renewal stream, health insurance is not your best bet...

joshril, Aug 27, 2008
  10. taterpeeler

taterpeeler Guru

State:
    Texas

i do hoss... your wrong.. but thank you for the comments regarding me being a disservice to my clients... i will tell them that next time they get an increase