Commission

i do hoss... your wrong.. but thank you for the comments regarding me being a disservice to my clients... i will tell them that next time they get an increase

Peeler, read what I wrote, I said "I'm not saying anyone does that here" I never said you were guilty of anything, never accused you, guilty conscience maybe? LOL

Peeler, read what I wrote, I said "I'm not saying anyone does that here" I never said you were guilty of anything, never accused you, guilty conscience maybe? LOL

I did read what u wrote... and i feel like i understood it quite well... my point was I DO roll clients after 1 year... and i dont see a problem with it.. in most cases... your comments in my view indicated that the practice was wrong and i disagree with you.

a little about texas.... can't speak of other states, this may happen to you in other states, if it does i feel that u owe it to your clients to opperate like i do it... this is just my view.

Texas has more health insurance companies fighting for business than EVER b4... we also get 20-50% rate increases on renewal clients, most times, not all the time. when u run the family back through the quoting software u find that for the same coverage u can write a policy for about the same as the year b4... so here is the situation... client has xyz and was paying 450 a month, got increase after 1 year to 600... shop the biz and find that abc company is 460.... client has no new health problems and we have credibilty coverage here so .. boom, money savings endevor.

if u dont allow the client to know this and give them the chance to move... someone else will

I did read what u wrote... and i feel like i understood it quite well... my point was I DO roll clients after 1 year... and i dont see a problem with it.. in most cases... your comments in my view indicated that the practice was wrong and i disagree with you.

a little about texas.... can't speak of other states, this may happen to you in other states, if it does i feel that u owe it to your clients to opperate like i do it... this is just my view.

Texas has more health insurance companies fighting for business than EVER b4... we also get 20-50% rate increases on renewal clients, most times, not all the time. when u run the family back through the quoting software u find that for the same coverage u can write a policy for about the same as the year b4... so here is the situation... client has xyz and was paying 450 a month, got increase after 1 year to 600... shop the biz and find that abc company is 460.... client has no new health problems and we have credibilty coverage here so .. boom, money savings endevor.

if u dont allow the client to know this and give them the chance to move... someone else will

Agreed... The only time making a move would not make sense is when there are health issues. You can still move part of the family and save them money even if a couple have health problems...

The opportunity allows me to move up to a 25% commision after I become a GA. Requirements to become a GA is 100k in earned premium. Sound reasonable?

Also, how many carriers do you recommend to have at any one time?

that sounds like assurant.... if so, their rates suck a big one. product can't be sold in this state... and from what i understand not in many others... unless u jam the wrong start... i mean right start

i am appointed with pert near everyone... i think u need them all... if u want to be able to tell a client u are a broker and not lie about it.... a broker searches all the options a salesman sell his only plan... we have enough salesmen in this business

You can't roll them every year or every renewal, that's a disservice to the client and usually in the best interest of the agent. I'm not saying anyone does that here, just saying so the rookies know.

Me thinks this is a little too broad a statement...

I shop 'em at every renewal. If there's benefit for the client, we move. If not, we don't. The comp is secondary (but nice). The clients love you for it. E-mail I recently received:

Paul,

Thank you for watching out for our best interest. Dale and I truly appreciate it.

Janet N., Odessa, FL

They even e-mailed me pictures from their summer holiday to Alaska...

Congress is trying to implement regulations that make companies show how rate increases are tied to the rise in claims and other costs so they can't just raise rates arbitrarily. In an ideal world, customers wouldn't have to roll to a new policy every year or so.

Some companies in certain states manage to leave their rates unchanged for several years at a time, but they are mostly rural areas. I'm not sure what other demographics may apply.

Back