Commissions for Low Performance MA Plans

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
I saw Humana is now giving agents the opportunity to earn commission on low performance (read that as fewer than 3 stars for 3 consecutive years).

Are they the only ones doing this? I am surprised Medicare is allowing a commission on this.

These are the instructions they gave out to contracted Humana agents:

1. Execute a Paper or MAPA Scope of Appointment and submit/upload to Humana, preferably 48 hours prior to the appointment. Make every effort to ensure the Scope of Appointment is legible and complete with all necessary information.
2. Confirm the beneficiary received the Notice To Individuals Enrolled In Plans With Fewer Than Three Stars For Three Or More Consecutive Years.
3. Deliver a complete and compliant sales presentation for the Humana Plan(s) you and the beneficiary previously agreed upon on the Scope of Appointment. Explain how the Low Performing Plan SEP works and answer any questions they may have regarding the SEP or Humana Plan Benefits.
4. When the presentation is complete and they are ready to enroll:
1. Refer them to 1‐800‐MEDICARE (1‐800‐633‐4227), (TTY 1‐877‐486‐2048).
2. The enrollment call is between the prospective member and Medicare ONLY.
3. The agent/broker MAY NOT be present during the call. (The agent being present or assisting a beneficiary during the call is a violation of CMS enrollment guidance and the Medicare Marketing Guidelines.)

Wow out of 12 states I sell In I have never seen Humana with a low rating below 3 stars (I dislike Humana for other reason's like trying to steal clients and such)

I might not notice in Area's where there really is no interest in MA
I do try for Supp mostly So maybe I missed that some where

But wherever I have quoted MA Humana never has shown less then 3 stars

What state is this in?

Wow out of 12 states I sell In I have never seen Humana with a low rating below 3 stars (I dislike Humana for other reason's like trying to steal clients and such) I might not notice in Area's where there really is no interest in MA I do try for Supp mostly So maybe I missed that some where But wherever I have quoted MA Humana never has shown less then 3 stars What state is this in?
I interpreted this as the applicant is leaving another carrier's low performing plan for Humana. Don't get how assisting agent gets compensated for an enrollment done direct with CMS.

Aetna and Uhc did.this last year in Missouri when wellcare was more performing.

Both carriers paid commission when I moved them. The client had to enroll directly from medicare

Yeah same thing when Universal healthcare was under performing a couple of years ago. I think if a client wanted out, they could switch mid year and they just called Medicare. We had to submit the info to the new company that we helped them I believe.

Wow out of 12 states I sell In I have never seen Humana with a low rating below 3 stars (I dislike Humana for other reason's like trying to steal clients and such)

I might not notice in Area's where there really is no interest in MA
I do try for Supp mostly So maybe I missed that some where

But wherever I have quoted MA Humana never has shown less then 3 stars

What state is this in?

Humana's not the one with below 3 stars.

Each year in February and October, CMS sends letters to all Medicare Advantage members who are enrolled in a plan that received a Star Rating of less than 3 stars for at least three consecutive years, also known as a “Low Performing Plan,” advising them of the opportunity to move to a better performing plan in their area.

Opportunity

Beginning in January, you have the opportunity to help your clients currently enrolled in a low performing plan experience the benefits of a company with over 25 years in the Medicare industry with a variety of affordable health plans and services. CMS must complete the actual enrollment, but by following the steps below you can receive compensation based on a completed Scope of Appointment for facilitating enrollments. Commissions are paid at the same levels as if you completed and submitted the application yourself. This exciting opportunity allows you to improve the well-being of existing and new clients, earn commissions, and grow your business.

Humana's not the one with below 3 stars.

Each year in February and October, CMS sends letters to all Medicare Advantage members who are enrolled in a plan that received a Star Rating of less than 3 stars for at least three consecutive years, also known as a “Low Performing Plan,” advising them of the opportunity to move to a better performing plan in their area.

Opportunity

Beginning in January, you have the opportunity to help your clients currently enrolled in a low performing plan experience the benefits of a company with over 25 years in the Medicare industry with a variety of affordable health plans and services. CMS must complete the actual enrollment, but by following the steps below you can receive compensation based on a completed Scope of Appointment for facilitating enrollments. Commissions are paid at the same levels as if you completed and submitted the application yourself. This exciting opportunity allows you to improve the well-being of existing and new clients, earn commissions, and grow your business.

Ohhh I get it, I haven't seen that letter before and have not heard about clients getting letters except during AEP or when a company was going under
like with universal and that other one in FL

Even with those exiting when it was happening there was so much confusion and miscommunication between my Fmo and carriers and CMS

that I did not do too much of that buis
Also I focus more on supps and when things get complicated(Never same answer from 2 parties) I tend to just stay away.

I mean how stupid is it, I am the agent filling out app and then telling them to call CMS.

But now that I understand it I may use it if the situation arises.

I saw Humana is now giving agents the opportunity to earn commission on low performance (read that as fewer than 3 stars for 3 consecutive years).

Are they the only ones doing this? I am surprised Medicare is allowing a commission on this.

These are the instructions they gave out to contracted Humana agents:

1. Execute a Paper or MAPA Scope of Appointment and submit/upload to Humana, preferably 48 hours prior to the appointment. Make every effort to ensure the Scope of Appointment is legible and complete with all necessary information.
2. Confirm the beneficiary received the Notice To Individuals Enrolled In Plans With Fewer Than Three Stars For Three Or More Consecutive Years.
3. Deliver a complete and compliant sales presentation for the Humana Plan(s) you and the beneficiary previously agreed upon on the Scope of Appointment. Explain how the Low Performing Plan SEP works and answer any questions they may have regarding the SEP or Humana Plan Benefits.
4. When the presentation is complete and they are ready to enroll:
1. Refer them to 1‐800‐MEDICARE (1‐800‐633‐4227), (TTY 1‐877‐486‐2048).
2. The enrollment call is between the prospective member and Medicare ONLY.
3. The agent/broker MAY NOT be present during the call. (The agent being present or assisting a beneficiary during the call is a violation of CMS enrollment guidance and the Medicare Marketing Guidelines.)

Has anyone had success using this process and getting paid by Humana?

Back