Commissions for Medicare Sales

Hi,

I have been in the insurance business for about 5 years selling medicare insurance. I wanted to hire agents but not sure what the pay schedule is. Can anyone give me advice on what to pay for initial commission and or residual commission?

Thanks

Hi,

I have been in the insurance business for about 5 years selling medicare insurance. I wanted to hire agents but not sure what the pay schedule is. Can anyone give me advice on what to pay for initial commission and or residual commission?

Thanks

This will vary from carrier to carrier (or if you are contracting with an IMO/FMO). State to state commission levels can vary as well.

Medicare Supplement street level commission is in the 18% - 22% range and typically pays renewals for 6 years.

This will vary from carrier to carrier (or if you are contracting with an IMO/FMO). State to state commission levels can vary as well.

Medicare Supplement street level commission is in the 18% - 22% range and typically pays renewals for 6 years.

Actually, the renewals are for 5 years. The first year is not a renewal.

You're welcome.

Rick

I know what the commission schedule is for supp and MA but I know there are some companies that pay their agents a piece of the full commission. I heard of some companies giving a $100 per MA plan and no residuals but the appointments are given to the sales person.

I know what the commission schedule is for supp and MA but I know there are some companies that pay their agents a piece of the full commission. I heard of some companies giving a $100 per MA plan and no residuals but the appointments are given to the sales person.

I dont know anything about that arrangement. I guess if you appointed LOA agents under you, you could create that kind of schedule.

Hi,

Thanks

Big Brokers around here Split the commission.
Standard is 70/30, 70 to agent, 30 to agency.
But it's hard for Rookie agents to survive on 70% paid as paid in so you might have to advance or set them up on a draw.

The OP is looking for advise on a workable pay schedule to hire agents, Should there be a salary, what kind of split, what about renewals

I have thought about these same questions and will look for any good reply's myself

one thing that should be added to the equation though, Are you supplying lead's ? what kind of leads and quality?

are the agents going to be in your office using your computer's phones CRM or will they be remote?

What's the name of your IMO?

Back