Common Telemarketing Objections for Med Supps

I have compiled a list of commonly heard objections when telemarketing for Med Supps. I see most agents like to inform the senior who they are and why they are calling, and then I see other agents cut that out because consumers don't care about that which means cut to the pitch. What a razor's edge!!

Would you rather cut straight to the pitch or have a longer intro that tells the senior who you (the caller) is and why you are calling them?

Listed Below are the most common objections; what do you often hear and how do you respond to them (if at all)?

The number 1 objection and is a general smokescreen for the other ones:
"I am fine/happy/satisfied with where I am at"

"who are you and why are you calling me"

"I don't want to lose my plan or be canceled"

"is this a scam"

"this will somehow cost them more"

If I sit down or screenshare them and SHOW them, but for the intro tm call, this seems to be the bigger of the setbacks.

Any advice?:idea:

Cold calling is intrusion marketing. The person that answers the phone doesn't care who you are or why you are calling until they know what's in it for them.

My experience has been to let them know WIIFM (them) first, but you have to find what works best for you.

When someone calls and says "Hi, this is Ernie from Ernie's Tree Service" I automatically tune them out and politely tell them I don't own any trees followed by goodby.

If they start out by saying "This is not a sales call" I tell them I am waiting on the hospital to call and can't talk right now.

A nicer person would probably handle it differently but my nickname is Krusty.

But if they start out "Free beer today at . . ." I'm in.

I have compiled a list of commonly heard objections when telemarketing for Med Supps. I see most agents like to inform the senior who they are and why they are calling, and then I see other agents cut that out because consumers don't care about that which means cut to the pitch. What a razor's edge!!

Would you rather cut straight to the pitch or have a longer intro that tells the senior who you (the caller) is and why you are calling them?

Listed Below are the most common objections; what do you often hear and how do you respond to them (if at all)?

The number 1 objection and is a general smokescreen for the other ones:
"I am fine/happy/satisfied with where I am at"

"who are you and why are you calling me"

"I don't want to lose my plan or be canceled"

"is this a scam"

"this will somehow cost them more"

If I sit down or screenshare them and SHOW them, but for the intro tm call, this seems to be the bigger of the setbacks.

Any advice?:idea:

Just curious here. You mentioned a "screenshare". Do you attempt to do this very often? Do you find many potential clients that are willing to do that?

I know there is a guy on here that says he does it all the time, like it's normal or something, but I personally think he's full of crap!

As far as the, "I'm fine/satisfied", you might want to ask them if their company called to tell them they are lowering their payments, would they still be "fine" where they are at or would the go ahead and accept the lower payment?

All my supps have been f2f, Im better that way.
I have joined Westfalls forum to learn how to do supps via screenshare and hired a tm (American) to call for me. Just getting over technological hurdles, so next week should be a continous week of calling.
If I could prospect for supps locally I would, but OH are a bunch of nazis when it comes to cold calling (besides the crazy high MA penetration rates).

I also do supps via phone and use screen share if they have a computer, this is about half the time. I also use TMs and the script they use is very basic. They tell the person why they are calling and ask if they are interested in getting a quote. Short and simple, no B.S. It works.

I also do supps via phone and use screen share if they have a computer. It works.

Yeah, you're right, "full of crap".
Twice yesterday and once today..just like this:

Clip from actual sale via screenshare 3/19/14

75%, at least, of the people we talk to have access to a computer these days.
That is probably due to the demographic, based on income, that we are calling into. And, this is the growing trend of the future.

According to one recent study, 53% of people over 65 are now using the internet, and I bet you all of those are in my target demographic.

But seniors are catching up: computer use is growing fastest in the over-65 population. And as the baby boomers age, the digital divide between younger and older Americans will continue to close. Seniors are using email, playing computer games and surfing the web in rapidly increasing numbers.​
-CaringNews.com

As to the objection, "We're fine, we already have a plan."
My answer is, "Mr. Jones, that's exactly why we are calling. Rates here in Johnson county have been going up dramatically with the big three companies (list them), and our independent brokerage service shops the market with today's BETTER rates. All of the plans are the same, it's the law, and we just want you to have the free information, if you have experienced these rate increases."

Like Socal401 said, it works.

You can either enjoy the technology of the future, and embrace it to build your business faster and easier, or you can continue to call it bullcrap. Either way, doesn't matter to me.

gr-senior-internet-462.gif

06-computer-users-in-2014.jpg

I know there is a guy on here that says he does it all the time, like it's normal or something, but I personally think he's full of crap!

No, I just have a way that works better for me and my agents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back