Community CCRX

abcsales

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a referral in TX who is on disability and turns 65 next month. Currently she has a part D through Community CCRX, says she is paying 25/month for this.

She is concerned that the rx portion of the zero premium MA plan will be too expensive.

I can't find this plan on Medicare.gov to even see what her max OOP will be for 2013.

Is this a plan for people who receive special help?

Suggestions?

Community CCRx is now SilverScript. You probably won't be able to run a comparison on the Medicare site since they are unable to offer their plans currently.

I have a referral in TX who is on disability and turns 65 next month. Currently she has a part D through Community CCRX, says she is paying 25/month for this.

She is concerned that the rx portion of the zero premium MA plan will be too expensive.

I can't find this plan on Medicare.gov to even see what her max OOP will be for 2013.

Is this a plan for people who receive special help?

Suggestions?

Which part of Texas is the prospect in? If it's a $0 premium MAPD HMO, the premium for the Part D is likely $0; the PPOs include Rx benefit in the total premium cost.

Which part of Texas is the prospect in? If it's a $0 premium MAPD HMO, the premium for the Part D is likely $0; the PPOs include Rx benefit in the total premium cost.

I'm only making an assumption here, but I think the OP is probably wondering about the out of pocket costs for the meds and not if there is a premium associated with the Rx portion of the MAPD. Again, I'm making an assumption.

sman is correct, talking about the total OOP cost, not the part D premium associated with the MAPD

sman is correct, talking about the total OOP cost, not the part D premium associated with the MAPD

Unfortunately you may have to do it manually. I believe the old CCRx plan is the SilverScript Basic plan now. I'm not 100% certain on that, but I think it is. You can go to the SilverScript site and go to the documents section. You can download the Summary of Benefits and the formulary and calculate the costs based on her specific meds. Then run the comparison for the MAPD on the Medicare site.

you can check her subsidy status by calling medicare, or by this link

https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/enrollment/check-enrollment.aspx

In NC, most that I run across on the CCRX/Silverscript Basic are LIS

In addition to those on LIS having CCRx, I've found them to be often used in rural areas. Seems that some of the "community centers" designed the help seniors recommended it some years ago. It was also a go to product for many of the independent pharmacies.

In many cases it wasn't the lowest cost plan for these people. At least not the ones who weren't LIS. Makes you wonder why these community centers and pharmacies recommended it.

In addition to those on LIS having CCRx, I've found them to be often used in rural areas. Seems that some of the "community centers" designed the help seniors recommended it some years ago. It was also a go to product for many of the independent pharmacies.

In many cases it wasn't the lowest cost plan for these people. At least not the ones who weren't LIS. Makes you wonder why these community centers and pharmacies recommended it.

CCRX offered the highest reimbursement to the pharmacies.

I have been cussed by more than one small town pharmacist for taking someone off of CCRX.

It was also a go to product for many of the independent pharmacies.

That explains something. When I first started selling the Rx plans I had an age-in client purchase a Med Supp, but excitedly told me about this great drug plan(ccrx) his pharmacist recommended and not to worry about that part of it. When he finished telling me all the things it did, I was like, "you're talking about an Rx plan, right".

He called me back during open enrollment to switch. He was paying waaay too much for a plan that didn't cover his prescriptions as well as the advantra rx at the time.

Back