Companies Offering Agents Health Insurance?

johnnyg

Greeting's,

I am looking for a company that offers health insurance for its agents.

I know there are very few that do and that it would be a captive situation most likely.

Anyone aware of a company that offers this?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-J.

farmers did,

but really, you want to tie yourself to an insurance company, simply for the benefits?

Well, I realy am truely speechless..

Greeting's,

I am looking for a company that offers health insurance for its agents.

I know there are very few that do and that it would be a captive situation most likely.

Anyone aware of a company that offers this?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-J.

Most of the direct writers offer this, but you have to pay for it out of pocket, at least most of it if not all of it. If you want most of your benefits paid for, working for an Independent Agency may be your best bet, but keep in mind you will have expectations and your commissions are typically about 40% of what the agency gets, but this is not bad given they have to foot all expenses including your benefits.

Why not write yourself? That way you get what you want and get commission for it too.

Unless of course you're looking for someone to pay your tab. This isn't the business to do that. If they pay it, they just reduce your commission, and if you struggle, they may cut you loose and then what?

With most insurance products the first person you should write is yourself.

I can't tell you how many times a prospect asks "what do you have?" ....

Just to be devil's advocate.

What if the guy is uninsurable? Might be his only option.

I know, for instance, Brokers Alliance has a program where you can get health insurance and some other benefits based on your production. I don't recall all of the details, but it seemed like you had to pay something upfront.

Just to be devil's advocate.

What if the guy is uninsurable? Might be his only option.

Groups of 2 or more are guaranteed issue in many if not most states, I beleive it may be 1 or more in some states. The requirments are the underwriting is based on the legitimacy of the business and not the health status of any individual.

Groups of 2 or more are guaranteed issue in many if not most states, I beleive it may be 1 or more in some states. The requirments are the underwriting is based on the legitimacy of the business and not the health status of any individual.

I'm aware. That may or may not be an option for this person.

Bankers Life & Casualty offered Health Insurance. You had to be captive and pay some premium towards it.

"What if the guy is uninsurable? Might be his only option. "

It would help to know what state he resides in. In my state WA, we're guaranteed issue, so he'd have something.

maybe if he posts again he'll tell us.

Back