Companies That Provide Leads

mkim1969

Expert
there seem to be plenty of insurance job postings on craigslist that offer leads. Does anyone have any experience with these types companies?

if they provide leads then they are taking a cut of your commish. get the highest contract you can, knock on doors and buy your own leads with the profit. imo

Free leads = many agents getting the same leads and calling on the same potential client. Or they (the leads) are old recycled leads that some other agent bought 2 years ago and now you get to attempt to work again.

There are no magical lead systems. If you think about it, insurance has been around for well over 100 years, and in all that time I would guess there have been millions of agents plying our trade. If there was some magical lead program or a new "work smarter and not harder" system someone would have figured it out by now. There are good leads to be purchased, but you have to pay for them. And you want them to be exclusive.

There have been more than a few threads on this site addressing prospecting, do a little search and you will find them.

My general thought process is that just about everyone I meet most likely has not had a proper plan put in place regarding their life insurance, and they will only benefit from meeting me and discussing their future.

there seem to be plenty of insurance job postings on craigslist that offer leads. Does anyone have any experience with these types companies?

Most of the companies recruiting on CL are just beating the recruiting drum. Very, very, very few of them will actually take the time to train an agent to work leads effectively. If they're giving you free leads, it's probably not a good deal.

I know some agencies that offer leads and are a great deal, but very few agents are recruited to work with them because they can expect good things.

Depending on your situation you may want to consider a few options:

1. Join ILIAA.org and look at all the training they have on their about different lead generation types. I recently did a webinar for them about cold calling and a lot of folks like that, but there are also some great webinars about working aged leads and all sorts of other stuff.

2. Join NOLHA.org to get to know some other agents and participate in their webinars to get a feel for what's going on.

3. A great resource for the senior market is Frank Stastny (yourinsuranceoffice.com) and he teaches agents to do their own cold calling to put them in control of the lead generation.

4. Troll around on here and get all sorts of opinions about all sorts of things.

The reality is that most of an insurance agents job is finding prospects and if you're relying on someone else to do that you're doing yourself a disservice.

It seems you can get a higher contract and pay for your own leads "mail house" "telemarketed leads". Or you can get a subsidized lead cost with an FMO with a little bit lower percentage on your contracts. Either way you have to put the numbers side by side to see which is the better deal. Less commission doesn't always mean less money.

Most of the companies recruiting on CL are just beating the recruiting drum. Very, very, very few of them will actually take the time to train an agent to work leads effectively. If they're giving you free leads, it's probably not a good deal.

I know some agencies that offer leads and are a great deal, but very few agents are recruited to work with them because they can expect good things.

Depending on your situation you may want to consider a few options:

1. Join ILIAA.org and look at all the training they have on their about different lead generation types. I recently did a webinar for them about cold calling and a lot of folks like that, but there are also some great webinars about working aged leads and all sorts of other stuff.

2. Join NOLHA.org to get to know some other agents and participate in their webinars to get a feel for what's going on.

3. A great resource for the senior market is Frank Stastny (yourinsuranceoffice.com) and he teaches agents to do their own cold calling to put them in control of the lead generation.

4. Troll around on here and get all sorts of opinions about all sorts of things.

The reality is that most of an insurance agents job is finding prospects and if you're relying on someone else to do that you're doing yourself a disservice.

Humph - Wish I had seen this post 6 weeks ago LOL! Thanks, Josh

Back