Companies that Write Med Sups in IN for Disability?

Seniorgirl411

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Indiana
I usually do medicare advantage, but have someone that just insists they want to look at a supp. Any ideas of who will take under 65 med sup app ?

I usually do medicare advantage, but have someone that just insists they want to look at a supp. Any ideas of who will take under 65 med sup app ?

There aren't any companies in Indiana that wool do med sup to someone under 65. At one time I believe they would bit not Amy longer.

just sell the Medicare Advantage I can't imagine anyone wanting a supplement under 65 too expensive

I thought the UHC would at one time, but it's been awhile since I've written one. I usually write a med advantage, but this person's mom is even calling me telling me she wants a med sup for him. I told her there probably wasn't any available...but you know how some people are. Crazy to get a grown man's mom calling me...lol

just sell the Medicare Advantage I can't imagine anyone wanting a supplement under 65 too expensive

Are you speaking specifically of IN or the other 57 states?

I have many U65 with supplements who want to get the best care and/or whose doctors are not in an HMO network.

Price isn't always the most important thing about insurance.

Rick

Usually it depends on the state. If an insurer can avoid disability they do as it is usually a loss. Some states require it, others don't.

In Oklahoma you can't go on a transplant waiting list without a supplement or proof of ability to pay the anti rejection drugs. Medicare advantage no go unless you can prove you have the ability to cover MA MOOP. If it's a kidney American Kidney Foundation will reimburse supp costs up to $500-$600 mo.

Indiana Department of Insurance: Medicare Supplement Plans

What if I am under 65 and disabled?
If I am under 65 and receive Medicare due to disability, does the supplement company have to sell a policy to me? No. At this time, there is no "Open Enrollment" period for disabled Medicare beneficiaries until they are 65. However, new laws are being proposed that would give disabled Medicare beneficiaries an Open Enrollment period.

Back