Company put insurance on wrong vehicle

ALL communications with my agent take place via email. Your best bet is to argue rescission, that this was a mutual mistake...the insurer added the coverage to the wrong vehicle and you failed to identify that error.

BTW, 1969 is my favorite Corvette model. I had a chance back in the 70s to buy a mint condition one for $3,500 and the deal fell through.

I pastor a church in a fairly rough part of town. We get a lot of thefts, vandalism, etc. I had it there for various reasons.

Geico you say... this is recent enough to where I would ask if there is a recording of the call. I would bet there may be. That would definately help... I would also consider since you'll be talking to the carrier already, if they arent able or willing to research the phone call, for you to contact the division of insurance in your state. They do a pretty good job of consumer advocacy and may prove worthwhile to contact.

On the umpd, I think its umbi bodily injury that's usually compulsory, but umpd usually is not.

Good on the appraisal because if... and please understand this is all a stretch... there is a correction and you have a claim possible, you'll need to lean on that a little because otherwise, it's just an old car...

Good luck, God bless!

No email
February. It was garaged stored at a shop. I brought it home so I wanted the additional coverage.
The damage was done two weeks ago.
My insurance is with Geico so unfortunately the person I talked to wasn’t my local agent.

Screwups like that are very typical of any call center format. USAA, Progressive, Geico, etc.

Back