Company Vs. Company

Dillon6874

Hello,

I'm wondering, in general, which company has better rates between

1.) Northwestern Mutual
2.) Mutual Of Omaha
3.) New York Life

I have friends/know people who work for each company, and I do not want to start a bidding war amongst them telling them I'm in the market for life insurance. I guess the question is in general, which company has better rates, or more specifically better rates for a 45 year old male seeking $200,000 worth of coverage.

Thank you,

Dillon

Hello,

I'm wondering, in general, which company has better rates between

1.) Northwestern Mutual
2.) Mutual Of Omaha
3.) New York Life

I have friends/know people who work for each company, and I do not want to start a bidding war amongst them telling them I'm in the market for life insurance. I guess the question is in general, which company has better rates, or more specifically better rates for a 45 year old male seeking $200,000 worth of coverage.

Thank you,

Dillon

depends on the product you want to buy....term....whole life...guaranteed UL.......

Why not compare policies with all of them. Get educated. Let them all work for your business, then you get what is right for you. I am sure that's what they would do if they were in your shoes. You can't buy from all of them, so buy the best policy that does what you want it to from whoever offers it.

Go to term4sale to get an idea.

If you're talking term, they're all super cheap.

UL and WL are going to have too many variations on the back end to really say one over the other. It's not just the premium that matters.

He said he wanted it to last a life time Guaranteed UL to age 121 is prob. the best deal.......

Yet surprisingly sometimes companies with good rates on term have good rates on WL and companies with high rates on WL have high rates on WL.

Or so a rumor goes.

It really depends on what you want the policy to do. I am an agent with NM, but I also write for Omaha as well. If you ever want to be able to use the cash value at any point you want to go with a Whole Life policy with NM or NYL. If you are looking just for death benefit, you should look at a GUL policy and might not use any of the three companies.

If I were you, I would go with the person you trust the most. They can probably all three write a policy for any number of companies. You can only write a Northwestern policy if you are a NML agent, and you can only typically write a New York Life policy if you are a NYL agent or the annual premium is ove 25k.

All those companies are pretty good, but I think the one with the best WL is NYL.

If I were buying a policy I would go for the best policy no matter who it is with. For WL I would look at Ohio National or Guardian. Those will probably be better policies.

Back