Comparative Raters

rocketboy

Expert
Guys, I am looking for a comparative rater for my new site for P&C lines. I want something similar to Quotit, but can't find anything that is affordable and works online. I will have non-res licensing in around 40 states pretty soon.

Here are the ones I found so far.

EZ Lynx- Does exactly what I want, but really expensive.

Quomation- Looks really good, but they don't have an online version for customers(only on agents computers)

Quote Pro- Doesn't operate in Ca.

FSC Rater- I don't know how expensive they are, but they only operate in Ca, NV, AZ.

Which softwares have you used and what do you like about each one. Also is there any rater softwares I don't have listed? Remember this is more for my website and consumers to get quotes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was really surprised how expensive EZ Lynx was for all states. They charge a big set up fee and then another really large monthly fee. I was thinking it would be something similar to the fees that Quotit charges, but not even close.

Last edited:
I don't know if you can use CCI or not but they are easy to deal with and I have had very good success with them, realtively inexpensive, google CCI and go to their website

They are only in about 5 states
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Any other suggestions or comments?

Last edited:
What states are you looking for?
However you do it, this will be pricey, which is why you don't see comparitive raters out there on P&C sites.

The accuracy is usually a bit questionable as well. In health, the rate tables are published, you look up your zip code, your age, and voila, there is your rate, pretty simple (then go to underwriting, but that isn't on consumer quote sites).

In P&C, it's look up the vin, look up the driving record, ask a bunch of questions (married or single, what age did you start driving, how far do you drive to work, etc) to get some underwriting data, then move to discounts (auto/home, good student, superior driver (in case its supported by the carrier), other drivers, any affinity discounts, type of use, on and on). Then some carriers start getting picky.... how many years since the ticket or how many years since the accident. Oh yeah, then try to get major cites and minor cites correct, unless you have the system pull the driving record.

The complexity of P&C quotes far exceeds health quotes. Because of this, the price of a quote engine will far exceed a health quote engine.

Dan

We demo'd a few before signing on with EX Lynx, still not sure if the ROI is worthwhile yet but their system is the best we found.

Yes, we are currently in talks with EZ lynx. They are the best we have found so far, but have a feeling it is going to get real expensive because each time someone does a search on the site it will cost us money. I would perfer paying a monthly set fee, but they said with the amount of states we want it would get even more expensive.

I've spoken with a few other agents who are using pl rating. They've found it to be less expensive than FSC, and is a lot easier to use. I know that ez lynx is pretty popular, but I keep hearing great things about pl rating from silverplume.

Back