Compensation for Partner Agent to Help with Clients

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to take a huge load of my current customers calling me which is taking a lot of reactive time from me rather than pro-active calls at a good time for me to look for cross sell opportunities and maintain my client relationships as we all know are vital. This happens because my efforts to be a great agent results in direct calls to me rather than them calling our stellar customer service department. Which is great, however it has gotten to a point I cannot produce consistently and sell new business. So I plan on taking an agent that works with us already and taking a percentage out of my current pay to have them work on servicing existing policies reactive calls that come into the office, identifying cross sells, prospecting and setting up appointments for me so I can focus directly on selling . I am stuck on how to pay what may be fair as I am willing to give up some of my renewals and going forward pay on my total new premium written..for example

0-14,999 Premium - Pay 3% of total for new business and .75% of my current renewals

15,000 -24,999 Pay 4% of total new business premium and .85% of my current renewals

25,000 + Pay 5% of total new business premium and 1% of my current renewal.

This is just a rough draft at this point but I am at the point I need to act. I expect to at least on the conservative side add an additional 15,000 in new business premium. My goal to be at 25,000-50,000..In my example, rather than use our commission percentage we are paid on each type of policy, it seems extremely simple to just take the percentage off the total written premium.

Anyone have an idea of a thoughtful way to calculate how to share may renewals I have already to this point and then on the renewal growth while we are working together. Keeping in mind I am already good for 10,000-15,000 in total premium per month now.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Back